10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should Know
- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Yoana Baraschi; Target
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Lubov Azria; Youngblood Cosmetics
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Mally Roncal
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Josie Maran
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Gucci Westman; Revlon
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Eden Sassoon; Egyptian Magic
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Alison Brod; Sephora
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Christina Zilber; Jouer Cosmetics
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Gretta Monahan; Smashbox
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Aerin Lauder; AERIN
- 10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should KnowBeauty Products That Work While You Sleep
- 11 Best Holiday Beauty Bargains
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Get Ready Faster
- Copy 6 Hunger Games: Catching Fire Looks
- 13 Cheap & Fast Ways To Look Red Carpet Ready
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 11 Rising Stars Who Are Future Beauty Icons
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- 10 Pretty Ways To Wear The Season's Hot Shade
- 10 Slimming Hair Tricks To Ask Your Stylist For
- Statement Jewelry for Everyone on Your List
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Home-for-the-Holidays Survival Guide
- How to Look Good on a Webcam
- 11 Best New Acne-Fighting Products
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- How to Apply Eye Shadow for Every Eye Shape
- The Perfect Smoky Eyes for Red Lips
- 10 Breakthrough Beauty Ingredients To Try
Be Our Guest1 of 11
By Lisa Cohen Lee
Primping and preening is the last thing on your mind when you've got to cook, clean and prepare for a dozen family members visiting over the holidays. To help you out, we asked ten beauty and fashion insiders who love entertaining to reveal their secrets to looking pretty and polished. See their tips and shop all their beauty must-haves.
Just Relax2 of 11
Fashion designer Yoana Baraschi prefers to relax before entertaining. Her beauty prep includes meditating, and making sure her skin is well hydrated. "Applying some nourishing cream makes my skin look really healthy. Then, I'll add a coat of mascara and a smile, and I'm ready to greet my guests."
SHOP NOW: Burt's Bees day cream, $18, target.com
Lip Service3 of 11
"After all that party planning, a hostess should feel entitled to make a statement," says Lubov Azria, chief creative officer for BCBG Max Azria Group. "For me, it's always a swipe of red lipstick!"
SHOP NOW: Youngblood mineral lipstick in Vixen, $19, ybskin.com
Lash Out4 of 11
"You just need five minutes to look glam," says celebrity makeup artist Mally Roncal, who entertains family throughout the holidays. "Just focus on making your eyes pop. My go-to is black volumizing mascara, which gives me a thick, full lash line. I apply multiple coats to the top lashes and one coat to the bottom. If there's time, shape your brows." The result? A fresh-faced, rested look.
SHOP NOW: Mally Beauty volumizing mascara, $20, mallybeauty.com
Gold Standard5 of 11
Model Josie Maran, who uses only natural ingredients in her own cosmetic line, swears by her argan oil. "It's my favorite multitasker," she says. "It hydrates, smoothes fine lines and gives my complexion a luminous look. As for hair, I usually let mine air dry, and then I'll give it a quick blast with a diffuser to define the waves."
SHOP NOW: Josie Maran 100-percent-pure argan oil, $48, josiemarancosmetics.com
Welcome Matte6 of 11
For Gucci Westman, global artistic director for Revlon, skincare is her number-one priority before her annual holiday party. "Pre-party, I'll book a facial a few days before. The day of, my makeup is quick and simple. I like to sweep a matte brown shadow on my lids, which looks soft and beautiful.”
SHOP NOW: Revlon Colorstay 16-hour eyeshadow, $6, target.com
Balms Away7 of 11
"I like having a healthy glow throughout the night," says Eden Sassoon, owner of the Eden by Eden Sassoon Finishing Studio in Los Angeles. "For a quick refresher, I pat a rich balm around my eyes, cheekbones and brow."
SHOP NOW: Egyptian Magic Cream, $26, egyptianmagic.com
All Set8 of 11
Publicist Alison Brod preps her look one or two days before she entertains. "I have my hair blown out straight, and on the day of the party, curl it myself, which prolongs the blowout," she says. "Right before the party, I recommend spritzing on a makeup-setting spray—your foundation won't melt, and your look will last through the night.”
SHOP NOW: Urban Decay All-Nighter setting spray, $29, sephora.com
Powder Player9 of 11
"The day of the party, I wrap my hair into a high bun. It stays out of my way, and my hair has great body when I take it out," says Christina Zilber, founder of Jouer Cosmetics. "I apply an extra coat of powder, so shine doesn't creep up halfway through dinner. And I always keep the lights on dim with lots of candlelight—it makes everyone look beautiful."
SHOP NOW: Jouer mattifying translucent powder, $30, jouercosmetics.com
Night Light10 of 11
"During the day, I'll pull my hair into a topknot and secure it with a sparkly clip or bow. That way, I can be party ready when the first guest rings the bell," says Gretta Monahan, author of Style and the Successful Girl. "I swear by highlighter that gives my skin a subtle pearly tint. I brush it over my foundation, underneath my brow, at the top of my cheekbones and either side of my forehead. Add a dramatic lip, and I'm done."
SHOP NOW: Smashbox luminizing primer, $38, nordstrom.com
Makes Scents11 of 11
For Aerin Lauder, founder of her eponymous lifestyle brand and author of Beauty at Home, "fragrance is a must, especially one that's intriguing and unexpected." The trick is to keep the scent subtle, not overpowering. "My grandmother Estée taught me that if you spritz it into a hairbrush, then brush it through your locks, you'll be surrounded by light scent all night," she says.
SHOP NOW: Aerin Evening Rose Eau de Parfum, $110, aerin.com
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds