9 Women Find Their Signature Lipstick
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next3 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next4 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next5 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next6 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next7 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next8 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next9 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next10 of 10Natasha Lee
- 9 Women Find Their Signature Lipstick12 Best Beauty Products of the Past 19 Years
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 30-Something Models at Fashion Week
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 11 Rising Stars Who Are Future Beauty Icons
- How to Look Good on a Webcam
- 10 Pretty Ways To Wear The Season's Hot Shade
- 10 Slimming Hair Tricks To Ask Your Stylist For
- How to Apply Eye Shadow for Every Eye Shape
- How To Match Your Makeup To Your Outfit
- Dolce & Gabbana's Runway Beauty
- 13 Cheap & Fast Ways To Look Red Carpet Ready
- 11 Best New Acne-Fighting Products
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- The Perfect Smoky Eyes for Red Lips
- 10 Breakthrough Beauty Ingredients To Try
- Romantic Hair Ideas That Take 10 Minutes Or Less
Intro_Read_My_Lips1 of 10intro beauty
Me, Only Brighter!2 of 10
Our tester: Maece, visual designer
The color: Laura Mercier in Duchess Rose, $22
Her verdict: "This rosy-peach color had just the right brightness. One application lasted all day, which was refreshing for the office. To change up the semi-matte finish for going out, I would top it with a clear gloss."
Crowd reaction: "Friends told me, 'That is so you!' I also heard: "Cute! It's a few shades brighter than your natural lip color.' "
Robust Red3 of 10
Our tester: Claire, product manager
The color: Illamasqua in Maneater, $22
Her verdict: "This red-orange hue looked brick-colored in the tube, but was a lot less harsh on lips. I loved wearing it to the office, but it did feel a bit strange on a Saturday morning."
Crowd reaction: "People loved it! I was told that it complemented my skin tone perfectly."
100% Love4 of 10
Our tester: Julia, digital ad sales
Her verdict: "The peach shade felt very 'me,' so I was 100 percent comfortable wearing it in any and all situations. Though the Illamasqua is a bolder look than I usually wear, I got really comfortable rocking this hue as well, though I might not wear it to work."
Crowd reaction: "My husband told me the Revlon looked a bit bolder than my usual clear-or-pink gloss routine."
In Full Bloom5 of 10
Our tester: Keila, photo editor
The color: L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Fearless Fuchsia, $10
Her verdict: "This lipstick was almost as daring as a pure red. I felt pretty and girly wearing it. A tip: I put on Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm first to soften my lips."
Crowd reaction: "People were surprised by this color—in a good way. I got several compliments...and looks!"
Sheer Bliss6 of 10
Our tester: Dani, product manager
The color: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural in N45, $19
Her verdict: "The color was a sheer berry red. I felt very confident and put-together wearing it in all settings—at work, on dates, even to Coachella! It has a very smooth finish and is moisturizing."
Crowd reaction: "People reacted very positively; I got a lot of compliments and was told it made me look more tan."
Simply Sophisticated7 of 10
Our tester: Alexis, style editor
The color: Sunday Riley in Sunday, $32
Her verdict: "It's a deep peony-pink, a very refined, adult color. I always feel more polished and confident with a bold shade of lipstick."
Crowd reaction: "My girlfriends loved the color, saying it made my eyes look super-green. I also got very friendly reactions from strangers!"
Berry Nice8 of 10
Our tester: Kelly, visual designer
The color: Nuance by Salma Hayek in Terra Cotta, $10
Her verdict: "This is a brownish red with a hint of berry. I felt a bit weird wearing it to work since I usually don't wear makeup, but I loved putting it on to go out. I found that putting Chapstick or moisturizer on underneath kept my lips soft."
Crowd reaction: "I got a lot of compliments and people telling me I should wear lipstick more often!"
Orange Pop9 of 10
Our tester: Amy, living editor
The color: MAC So Chaud, $15
Her verdict: "This is a warm summer orange, a bit strong for work, but I can see myself wearing it more at night and on the weekends as my signature color. It's key to exfoliate your lips before wearing a color this bright and impactful."
Crowd reaction: "People loved the color. A coworker said it was very on-trend and made her consider trying it."
Coming Up Roses10 of 10
Our tester: Shannan, executive editor
The color: Laura Mercier Crème lipstick in Audrey, $24
Her verdict: "I had originally tried a hot-pink color, but I was always so aware that I had it on. With Audrey, I actually would forget I was wearing it. In a pinch, I blotted my lipstick with a receipt. The slick surface of the paper was perfect taking off a little excess color."
Crowd reaction: "I was taken aback—in a good way—when told, 'Oh, I like that color on you.' "