9 Women Find Their Signature Lipstick
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next3 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next4 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next5 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next6 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next7 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next8 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next9 of 10Natasha Lee
- Previous Next10 of 10Natasha Lee
- 9 Women Find Their Signature LipstickBeauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- 10 Gorgeous Gifts That Give Back to Charity
- 7 Easy Ways To Fix A Bad Hair Day At Work
- Best Celeb Locks of the Moment
- 10 Things Waxers Won't Tell You
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Copy 6 Hunger Games: Catching Fire Looks
- Beauty Products That Work While You Sleep
- 10 Ways To Look Good In Every Photo
- 7 Shortcuts To Soft, Smooth Skin
- What Dermatologists Don't Want You To Know
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should Know
- 11 Best Holiday Beauty Bargains
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Get Ready Faster
- Keep your glow well into winter with 5 switches
- 8 Celebs Who Look Radiant in The Winter
Intro_Read_My_Lips1 of 10intro beauty
Me, Only Brighter!2 of 10
Our tester: Maece, visual designer
The color: Laura Mercier in Duchess Rose, $22
Her verdict: "This rosy-peach color had just the right brightness. One application lasted all day, which was refreshing for the office. To change up the semi-matte finish for going out, I would top it with a clear gloss."
Crowd reaction: "Friends told me, 'That is so you!' I also heard: "Cute! It's a few shades brighter than your natural lip color.' "
Robust Red3 of 10
Our tester: Claire, product manager
The color: Illamasqua in Maneater, $22
Her verdict: "This red-orange hue looked brick-colored in the tube, but was a lot less harsh on lips. I loved wearing it to the office, but it did feel a bit strange on a Saturday morning."
Crowd reaction: "People loved it! I was told that it complemented my skin tone perfectly."
100% Love4 of 10
Our tester: Julia, digital ad sales
Her verdict: "The peach shade felt very 'me,' so I was 100 percent comfortable wearing it in any and all situations. Though the Illamasqua is a bolder look than I usually wear, I got really comfortable rocking this hue as well, though I might not wear it to work."
Crowd reaction: "My husband told me the Revlon looked a bit bolder than my usual clear-or-pink gloss routine."
In Full Bloom5 of 10
Our tester: Keila, photo editor
The color: L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Fearless Fuchsia, $10
Her verdict: "This lipstick was almost as daring as a pure red. I felt pretty and girly wearing it. A tip: I put on Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm first to soften my lips."
Crowd reaction: "People were surprised by this color—in a good way. I got several compliments...and looks!"
Sheer Bliss6 of 10
Our tester: Dani, product manager
The color: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural in N45, $19
Her verdict: "The color was a sheer berry red. I felt very confident and put-together wearing it in all settings—at work, on dates, even to Coachella! It has a very smooth finish and is moisturizing."
Crowd reaction: "People reacted very positively; I got a lot of compliments and was told it made me look more tan."
Simply Sophisticated7 of 10
Our tester: Alexis, style editor
The color: Sunday Riley in Sunday, $32
Her verdict: "It's a deep peony-pink, a very refined, adult color. I always feel more polished and confident with a bold shade of lipstick."
Crowd reaction: "My girlfriends loved the color, saying it made my eyes look super-green. I also got very friendly reactions from strangers!"
Berry Nice8 of 10
Our tester: Kelly, visual designer
The color: Nuance by Salma Hayek in Terra Cotta, $10
Her verdict: "This is a brownish red with a hint of berry. I felt a bit weird wearing it to work since I usually don't wear makeup, but I loved putting it on to go out. I found that putting Chapstick or moisturizer on underneath kept my lips soft."
Crowd reaction: "I got a lot of compliments and people telling me I should wear lipstick more often!"
Orange Pop9 of 10
Our tester: Amy, living editor
The color: MAC So Chaud, $15
Her verdict: "This is a warm summer orange, a bit strong for work, but I can see myself wearing it more at night and on the weekends as my signature color. It's key to exfoliate your lips before wearing a color this bright and impactful."
Crowd reaction: "People loved the color. A coworker said it was very on-trend and made her consider trying it."
Coming Up Roses10 of 10
Our tester: Shannan, executive editor
The color: Laura Mercier Crème lipstick in Audrey, $24
Her verdict: "I had originally tried a hot-pink color, but I was always so aware that I had it on. With Audrey, I actually would forget I was wearing it. In a pinch, I blotted my lipstick with a receipt. The slick surface of the paper was perfect taking off a little excess color."
Crowd reaction: "I was taken aback—in a good way—when told, 'Oh, I like that color on you.' "