How to wear the full-eyebrow trend
- Next1 of 11Marc Jacobs Spring 2013; Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Karen Scott Cosmetics
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of MAC
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Tweezerman
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Stila
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Make Up For Ever
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Vaseline
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Browhaus
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Benefit Cosmetics
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Anastasia Beverly Hills
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Lancôme
- How to wear the full-eyebrow trend7 Shortcuts To Soft, Smooth Skin
- What Dermatologists Don't Want You To Know
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- Best Celeb Locks of the Moment
- 10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should Know
- 11 Best Holiday Beauty Bargains
- Copy 6 Hunger Games: Catching Fire Looks
- Keep your glow well into winter with 5 switches
- 8 Celebs Who Look Radiant in The Winter
- 10 Celeb Beauty Secrets Revealed
- 10 Things Waxers Won't Tell You
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- Beauty Products That Work While You Sleep
- 10 Ways To Look Good In Every Photo
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Get Ready Faster
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Cozy Finds
- How to Go Gray Gracefully
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
Brow Wow1 of 11
By Melissa Magsaysay
If at some point during the mid-'90s your eyebrow inspiration switched from Brooke Shields to Kate Moss and back again, then you know the pain of trying to revive overplucked arches. To help you achieve fall's power brow look, Glo rounds up the best products and the easiest and most effective techniques.
Pencil It In2 of 11
"I see overtweezed eyebrows all the time," says makeup artist and eyebrow pro Karen Scott. "People tend to take their stress out on their eyebrows and don't know when to stop. You have to put the tweezers down and walk away." Sometimes that’s easier said than done. If you're on the road to recovery from inordinate plucking, Scott recommends an eyebrow pencil in taupe to keep them looking bold and defined without any severe lines or angles.
SHOP NOW: Karen Scott eyebrow pencil in taupe, $14
French Accent3 of 11
Fashion editor Carine Roitfeld's bold eyebrows are a perfect example of fall's beauty trend. It's no wonder she's incorporated an eyebrow pencil into her new collection with MAC Cosmetics. The brunette color is slightly more intense than taupe for anyone who has dark hair or just wants to take the trend a bit more to the extreme.
SHOP NOW: MAC Carine Roitfeld eyebrow pencil in brunette, $15
Stay Put4 of 11
Scott suggests adding clear brow gel to your regimen in order to keep unruly hairs in place. Or opt for a tinted version in order to add just a little natural color into brows so they appear amplified but not over-the-top.
SHOP NOW: Tweezerman Browmousse eyebrow styling gel, $10
Lasting Look5 of 11
Filling in empty spaces in the eyebrows can be tricky, and there is always the danger that color may fade or be erased throughout the day. This long-lasting formula is waterproof.
SHOP NOW: Stila stay-all-day waterproof brow color, $21
Dual Duty6 of 11
Make Up For Ever has created a new product that puts color and texture back into brows. This heavily pigmented formula goes on as a gel and dries as a powder that’s waterproof, sweat-proof and smudge-proof for perfectly groomed, all-day power brows.
SHOP NOW: Make Up For Ever waterproof eyebrow corrector, $20
Top Condition7 of 11
Scott’s secret weapon is simple petroleum jelly. She swears by slicking a little Vaseline across eyebrows every night before bed in order to stimulate growth and to tame unruly hairs. "Vaseline on the eyebrows is like conditioner on the hair," says Scott. "It feeds and conditions the hair follicle." And chances are you've already got some in your medicine cabinet.
SHOP NOW: Vaseline petroleum jelly, $4
Grow Up8 of 11
For those who really want to amp up their brows, hair-growing serums might be just the ticket. This nonprescription formula stimulates growth; its active ingredient has been clinically proven to deliver longer and thicker lashes and brows.
SHOP NOW: Extend by Browhaus lash-and-brow serum, $72
Kit & Play9 of 11
"Having full, defined brows can make anyone look five to ten years younger, and getting the right shape and more fullness can take just 15 minutes," says Scott. A complete kit containing brow powder, an angled brush, highlighting shadow, eyebrow wax and even some smoldering black eyeliner is a great way to start giving the entire eye area a little more attention.
SHOP NOW: Benefit Brows A-Go-Go, $38
Go-To Tool10 of 11
This is brow specialist Anastasia Beverly Hills' best-selling product and it's not hard to see why. The pencil-and-brush combo is the perfect way to fill in eyebrows in order to bring them from bashful to bold. Use the fine-tip pencil to shade over missing hairs and then comb in overall color.
SHOP NOW: Anastasia Brow Wiz, $20
High Definition11 of 11
Emphasize the arch in your eyebrows by adding a light shade along the brow bone. This long-wearing matte shadow creates a subtle and pretty contrast between the brow and lid.
SHOP NOW: Lancôme Sensational Effects eye shadow in latte, $18