Beach Bag Essentials
- Next1 of 15Getty Images
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 15Courtesy of Dr. Robin
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 15Courtesy of Elizabeth Arden
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 15Courtesy of Steven Alan
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 15Courtesy of Clark's Botanicals
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 15Courtesy of Davines
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 15Courtesy of Elaine Turner
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 15Courtesy of Blueprint Cleanse
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 15Courtesy of Mott 50
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 15Courtesy of Paul & Joe
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 15Courtesy of Elemental Herbology
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 15Courtesy of UV Sunsense
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 15Courtesy of Lem Lem
- Previous NextWant It!14 of 15Courtesy of Urban Decay
- Previous NextWant It!15 of 15Courtesy of Ligne St Barths
Shore Things1 of 15
By Zoe Schaeffer
With summer unofficially upon us, it's time to get your carryall tote prepped for that impromptu beach day or weekend get-away. We've rounded up the newest summer must-haves for a day of fun in the sun. Surf's up!
Screen Test2 of 15
Little ones need big-time sun protection, but their skin calls for the gentlest of ingredients. This sunscreen, complete with soothing quinoa and protective green tea extract, contains natural minerals to block harmful rays.
SHOP NOW: Dr. Robin for Kids, $24
Stick To It3 of 15
This SPF 50 sun stick protects overexposed spots such as the nose, ears and lips. With up to eight hours of staying power, you can go from a surf lesson to a game of Kadima—no break needed.
SHOP NOW: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Targeted Sun Stick, $20
Blanket Statement4 of 15
You can easily roll these funky beach blankets into a tote or the back of your car. They're big enough for two sunbathers or a small family picnic.
SHOP NOW: Steven Alan Cotton Beach Blanket, $48
Hint Of Tint5 of 15
Shea butter, aloe leaf extract and sweet almond oil in these sheer lip tints act as super hydrators to give parched, sun-exposed lips an instant moisture boost. Plus, the flattering, berry shades will make it look as if you just bit into a juicy, summer fruit.
SHOP NOW: Clark's Botanicals Lip Tint, $19
Mane Event6 of 15
This multitasking hair oil nourishes strands with argan and jojoba oils and has UV filters to boot. It also keeps color from fading, while protecting from the damaging effects of salt, sun and chlorine.
SHOP NOW: Davines SU Sun Oil for Hair and Body, $28
Zip It7 of 15
Don't get stuck fumbling around for personals in your oversized tote. Stash smaller items like your cell phone, cash and car keys in this sweet floral pouch.
SHOP NOW: Elaine Turner Pouch, $49
Get Juiced8 of 15
Refresh with a pineapple apple mint juice from this popular cleanse company. The all-natural drink will replenish nutrients and quench your after-surf thirst.
SHOP NOW: Blueprint Cleanse Juices, prices vary
Made In The Shade9 of 15
This wide-brimmed sun hat gives extra protection from harmful rays with built-in ultra-violet defense. Toss it on while you're wading in the waves, or catching up on the latest beach read.
SHOP NOW: Mott 50 Kreuger Hat, $65
Paper Source10 of 15
Sunscreen and a good game of beach volleyball can produce an unwanted sheen toward the end of the day. Use these little papers to blot away unwanted oil.
SHOP NOW: Paul & Joe Blotting Papers, $5
Spot Check11 of 15
Sebum production gets kick-started during humid summer months, and it can result in congested pores and sun-induced breakouts. Dab this blemish stick at the first sign of an unwanted spot to keep skin looking as clear as a sunny day. SHOP NOW: Elemental Herbology Perfect Clarity, $40
All In The Wrist12 of 15
Though these wrist bands look worthy of a music festival, they could just save your skin. By changing color, a simple sun-sensitive spectrum alerts you when you need to reapply sunscreen or head for cover.
SHOP NOW: UV Sunsense, $7
Cover Story13 of 15
Finding a chic beach cover-up is no small task. This gauzy style is so stylish, it begs to be worn well after the sun goes down.
SHOP NOW: Lem Lem Grace Gauze Poncho, $175
Want Proof?14 of 15
An exclusive microcrystalline formula was rigorously tested in the ocean before being added to this water-proof mascara. Now beach-goers don't have to worry about post-swim smudges.
SHOP NOW: Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara, $20
Beat The Heat15 of 15
If you missed a spot or two with your sunscreen, soothe burned skin with this cooling aloe vera and mint gel.
SHOP NOW: Ligne St. Barths Aloe Vera Gel, $48
- Adult games everyone will want to play
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- The best news we've heard all week
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests