Beach Beauty Essentials
- Next1 of 11Kim Kardashian: Brian Prahl/Splash News
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 11Courtesy of Nars
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 11Courtesy of Tocca
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 11Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 11Courtesy of Lush
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 11Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 11Courtesy of Sephora
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 11Courtesy of Redken
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 11Courtesy of Bobbi Brown
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 11Courtesy of Maybelline
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 11Glo
- Beach Beauty EssentialsJennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The ultimate guide to perfect foundation
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- A beauty cheat sheet for allergy season
- Get Party-Ready Makeup in 5 Minutes or Less
- The shockingly cool history of hair removal
- Stars' unexpected '80s hairstyles
- Spring's sexiest new nail polish trends
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
- The freshest new manis to try right now
- Mother-daughter beauty treats
- Look fresh, sexy & fun at your next pool party
- Read this before trying the neon makeup trend
- 8 wacky must-see beauty gadgets
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Runway beauty from Mumbai, Moscow & more
- Get a perfect, plump pout—not "fish lips"
- How to master the ultimate at-home blowout
Bathing Beauties1 of 11
It is officially summer and we can't wait to get to the beach (or the pool). Luckily ELLE has put together a list of the beauty products you shouldn't leave home without ... to keep you pretty and protected.
Cream Shadow2 of 11
By Emily Hebert for ELLE
For shadow that goes the extra mile, invest in a cream formula — it stays put longer than powder and won’t disappear the second you break a sweat.
Product to Try: Nars celebrates summer with new creamy duos in Burn It Blue (shown here) and Camargue.
SPF Protection3 of 11
Though you may rarely burn, that doesn’t mean you can skimp on sunscreen — SPF wards off fine lines and wrinkles and plays an integral role in maintaining a youthful glow.
Product to Try: Tocca SPF 30 Sunscreen Towelettes are clean and refreshing.
ON ELLE: Stay Cool With These Chic Updos
Glow-Getting Face Makeup4 of 11
Fake a clear, glowing complexion with SPF makeup. Blot excess oil or sweat with a light, shimmering powder bronzer.
Product to Try: Impart sun-kissed sparkle with the new Lancôme Tropiques Minérale Bamboo Bronzer Compact.
Body Bronzer5 of 11
If you fear being compared to Edward Cullen or Casper the Friendly Ghost, layer body bronzer over your sunscreen. Focus on areas where the sun would naturally hit, such as your shoulders, décolletage and the tops of your arms and legs.
Product to Try: Liquid-lovers can find bronze in a bottle with the new Lush Charlotte Island Body Tint.
Fresh Fragrance6 of 11
The mix of sun, salt and sand is great for the soul — but can yield a not-so-great body aroma. Rather than keep paramours at arm’s length, have a light fragrance handy.
Product to Try: Prada recently released its Infusion de Tubereuse Eau de Parfum Spray.
Waterproof Eyeliner7 of 11
Don’t want the lust-worthy lifeguard to catch you without eyeliner? Opt for liquid — once it dries, it won’t budge — or a waterproof kohl pencil.
Product to Try: Sephora’s new Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliners are as popular as they are fun.
Hair Saver8 of 11
Beach waves are hot — but dry after-sun strands are not. Even worse: discovering that your pricey permanent hair color has faded! To combat these negative outcomes, wear an SPF hair spray or leave-in conditioner with heat protection and UV filters.
Product to Try: Redken Color Extend Sun Solar Screen SPF 12 contains protective ceramide and nourishing mango oil.
SPF Lip Color9 of 11
Bold beauties can enhance lip-stained pouts with an equally vibrant lipstick color. A moisturizing formula with SPF will keep lips kissable.
Product to Try: Bobbi Brown Treatment Lip Shine SPF 15 shields and nourishes lips while boosting collagen production.
Mascara Made For Splashes10 of 11
Avoid unsightly raccoon eyes: Opt for waterproof mascara that doesn’t leave lashes brittle.
Product to Try: Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara is a pro favorite that nourishes lashes with vitamin E and wheat germ oil.
Lip Stains11 of 11
For long wearing color, a stain is your best option; wear under SPF balm for a perpetually pink pucker.