Get-gorgeous tips for the time-crunched
- Next1 of 8Glo
- Previous Next2 of 8Courtesy of Colorscience, Shiseido
- Previous Next3 of 8Courtesy of Yves Saint Laurent, Nexus
- Previous Next4 of 8Courtesy of Kérastase, Nars
- Previous Next5 of 8Courtesy of Shu Uemura, Almay
- Previous Next6 of 8Courtesy of Nuance, Alterna
- Previous Next7 of 8Courtesy of Clarins, Oribe
- Previous Next8 of 8Courtesy of L'Oréal, Kesari
- Get-gorgeous tips for the time-crunched9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- A History of Women and Underarm Hair
- Beauty Tips From A Supermodel-Turned-Actress
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- Outrageous Makeup Looks Only Bloggers Will Try
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Gotta Have It
- Your Ultimate Guide to At-Home Self-Tanners
- Gotta Have It: Daily Animal Finds
- 12 Most Outrageous Brow Trends Ever
- 8 Skin Mistakes You Don't Know You're Making
- What Your Blowout Style Says About You
- Why Every Woman Should Be Using A Facial Oil
- What Guys Think Of 10 Spring Hair Trends
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Ombre Nails How-To
- Spring Nail Colors Inspired By Chick Flicks
- 12 Ways To Look Prettier In Under 30 Seconds
- Beauty Secrets We Learned From Jennifer Aniston
Speed Demon1 of 8
Late meetings, traffic snarls, an unexpectedly long phone chat with your best friend—there are plenty of reasons why you might have to scramble to prep for a night out. Before you panic, steal Glo's foolproof tips for getting gorgeous, no matter how rushed you may be.
Be Bold2 of 8
Face: All you need is a spritz of Colorscience Setting Mist to rejuvenate your makeup, a swipe of bold lipstick, and you're out the door! For a hot-pink pop, we recommend Shiseido's Lacquer Rouge in Disco. "Fun, bright lipstick colors are a huge trend right now," says Dana Chasen, the owner of Beauty Muse Bridal.
Hair: The quickest way to wash your hair is to not get it wet. "Use a wonderful dry shampoo or baby powder that removes oil from scalp,” says Sherry Ratay of Salon Ratay. We like Tresemmé's Fresh Start Dry Shampoo Spray.
Get a Boost3 of 8
Face: Rather than wasting time removing all your makeup, touch up underneath your eyes with Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Éclat. "It lightens up the high points on your face and also covers up blemishes," says Chasen.
Quick Fixes4 of 8
Face: If time is short, then don't bother redoing your makeup routine. Simply add a bit of color with Nars Blush & Bronzer Trio, which gives a sun-kissed glow. "It brightens up your whole face," says Chasen.
Hair: Shake your hair upside down to give it volume, and twist it into a low bun or side chignon. To hold the look, spritz it with Kératase Double Force Controle Ultime, which Ratay says is more of a "light mist" than a regular hairspray.
Glam It Up5 of 8
Face: To perk up tired eyes, use Almay’s "Wake-Up" Eyeliner + Highlighter. "It's all about getting the color close to the eyelashes," says Jennifer Bradley, a skincare expert.
Hair: Locks lacking luster? Use Shu Uemura Essence Absolue to restore moisture and shine. Then, to add a bit of flair, Ratay says, "Take a 2-inch curling iron, and roll random sections of your hair in a vertical direction. For an evening look, you want to give your hair a bit of movement."
Fresh Start6 of 8
Face: Take the time to deep-clean your face with a product like Nuance Salma Hayek Oxygen Activated Foaming Cleanser. "You want your skin to look fresh before you begin your makeup,” explains Valerie Sarnelle, the founder of Valerie Beverly Hills.
Hair: Nothing vamps up your look like adding a color such as "ravishing red" or "sweet caramel" to your hair. With Alterna Stylist 1 Night Highlights, you can do it in minutes. Simply apply the color with the provided brush on clean, dry hair, allow it to set for three minutes, and then style.
Beach Beauty7 of 8
Face: Who says you can't have a healthy glow after sitting in the office all day? Apply a product like Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel. (Sneak outside for a 20-minute stint in the sun to intensify the effects—and get a healthy dose of vitamin D.)
Hair: "A good shampoo is the ultimate freshen-up after work," Mancuso says. But without time to dry your hair, you'll need a wash-and-go look. Spray Oribe Après Beach on your wet locks to give the appearance of saltwater curls, and let your hair air dry.
Pamper Yourself8 of 8
Face: "Clean and hydrate with a mask," recommends Chasen. One particularly decadent option is the Kesari Pore Minimizing Indian Clay Masque With Triphala Radiance Complex, made from ingredients like saffron, Indian clay and kokum butter, which is famously applied to brides in India on their wedding night.
Hair: Take the time to do a blow-out. After shampooing, apply the L'Oréal Professionnel Serie Richesse Masque, a natural moisture–restoring treatment made using the antioxidant lycopene. "If you condition hair before, then you set it up for a super-easy blow-dry," says Mancuso.