Beauty Tips for Gray Hair
- Next1 of 8Linda Fargo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next2 of 8Judi Dench: Jim Spellman/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 8Helen Mirren: Marcel Thomas/FilmMagic
- Previous Next4 of 8Karl Lagerfeld: Peter Eden/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next5 of 8Jamie Lee Curtis: Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 8Emmy Lou Harris: John Shearer/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 8Lady Gaga: Neil Mockford/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 8Linda Fargo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.
- Beauty Tips for Gray HairBeauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- 10 Gorgeous Gifts That Give Back to Charity
- 7 Easy Ways To Fix A Bad Hair Day At Work
- Best Celeb Locks of the Moment
- 10 Things Waxers Won't Tell You
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Copy 6 Hunger Games: Catching Fire Looks
- Beauty Products That Work While You Sleep
- 10 Ways To Look Good In Every Photo
- 7 Shortcuts To Soft, Smooth Skin
- What Dermatologists Don't Want You To Know
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should Know
- 11 Best Holiday Beauty Bargains
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Get Ready Faster
- Keep your glow well into winter with 5 switches
- 8 Celebs Who Look Radiant in The Winter
A Change Is Gonna Come1 of 8
Once you've decided to embrace your gray hair (which is an awesome choice, by the way), you'll need to adjust some other parts of your beauty routine too. Here are some helpful hints to get you started on the new you.
Use Clear Products2 of 8
Your hair is more easily tarnished with this new shade (and the naturally porous nature of grays) so be sure to use clear styling gels and mousses that won't dull your 'do.
Get a Gloss3 of 8
You may no longer be coloring your hair at the salon, but think about getting a gloss treatment when you go in for your next cut. It will add back some of the shine and bounce that you may be missing.
Invest in Specialty Shampoo4 of 8
Gray or silver hair tends to yellow if not cared for properly. You can use a shampoo with blue or purple tints in it to combat such a problem. Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo is one of our favorites.
Up Your Foundation5 of 8
So as not to look washed out, you'll need to make some changes with your makeup. You don't want your skin looking sallow, so choose a medium-coverage foundation that is likely a shade darker than what you were using with your previous hair color.
Ditch the Pastels6 of 8
Another makeup switch comes in the form of your blush and lipstick or gloss. Pastels are no longer your friends. Instead, opt for warmer tones of rose and apricot. Also choose creme blushes that don't settle into the skin like a powder does.
Try a Leave-In Condtioner7 of 8
Now Gaga of course has chosen to go gray, but wouldn't you love your natural silver to have her texture? Most people find their grays wiry and coarse, so start using leave-in treatments and masks like Bumble and Bumble Leave-In Conditioner to battle the dryness.
Define Your Brows8 of 8
As you age your brows can thin out too. Since your hair is now lighter, it doesn't always frame and define your face in the same way. Your brows can take care of that with some shaping. Use a liner to add a little color if you need to.