An award show transformation
- Next1 of 6Brandon Showers
- Previous Next2 of 6Brandon Showers
- Previous Next3 of 6Brandon Showers
- Previous Next4 of 6Brandon Showers
- Previous Next5 of 6Brandon Showers
- Previous Next6 of 6Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- An award show transformationGet MSN OnPoint, the Ultimate Women’s Lifestyle App
- Gaga for Gifting
- The biggest relationship trends of 2011
- FROM ELLE: Beauty Secrets Around The World
- The best new hair-removal products and tools
- Fast-forward to fab: smart beauty shortcuts
- The 13 Best Tinted Moisturizers
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- Looking back at the hottest hair of 2011
- Say good-bye to these 2011 beauty and style trends
- Hottest NYE party trends for 2012
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- 7 quick fixes for summer beauty emergencies
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- Simple DIY beauty projects to try right now
- The sexiest scents to spritz right now
- Celebs' summer bobs are easy, loose and sexy
Blond Ambition1 of 6
By Shannan Rouss
Like any single mom with a demanding "office" job, Angela Kinsey doesn't have a lot of downtime. On the day of the People's Choice Awards, The Office actress had just three hours to get red carpet ready. On her packed agenda? Manicure/pedicure, at-home hair color, shower, blowout, makeup, dressed and out the door. See how she did it.
Feet First2 of 6
Wearing jeans, flip-flops and a purple top (from Target, Kinsey told Glo), she arrived at The L'Ermitage Beverly Hills Hotel, where the primping began with an in-room pedicure. The busy actress seemed to relish the chance to put her feet up.
Family Matters3 of 6
"I have to work really hard to make sure to have 'in-the-moment' moments with Isabel," says Kinsey, whose 3-year-old daughter kept her company while she waited for her nails to dry.
Hitting the Bottle4 of 6
Kinsey readily admits to lightening her hair since high school—during the Sun-In days. Now the Clairol spokesperson opts for Clairol Nice 'N Easy Hair Color Foam to keep her hue bright. Although Clairol's Marie Robinson gave Kinsey her pre-show touchup at the roots, the actress does her own color. (Really? Yes, really.) "It takes 20 minutes," she says. "I can put it on and then play with Isabel. If I have time, I want to spend it with her."
Setting the Tone5 of 6
Although her complexion is fair, Kinsey has warm, neutral tones in her skin that tend to work well with golden accessories... and her honey-blond hair. (She ended up going with a simple gold necklace and platform Sergio Rossi heels.)
Ready for Her Close-Up6 of 6
After washing strands with a deep-conditioning treatment (to lock in shine and color), Kinsey had her hair done in soft curls to complement what she called her "va-va-va-voom dress," from Hervé Léger by Max Azria. Coiffed and dressed, she was off to the red carpet with time to spare. Just another day at the office...
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios