What his hair says about him
- Next1 of 12CSA Images/Printstock Collection
- Previous Next2 of 12AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next3 of 12Ben Hider/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 12Splash News
- Previous Next5 of 12Theo Wargo/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 12Chris Jackson-Pool/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 12GF/bauergriffinonline.com
- Previous Next8 of 12Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 12Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 12AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next11 of 12Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 12Michael Murdock / Splash News
- What his hair says about himWhat His Swimsuit Says About Him
- What His Facial Hair Says About Him
- What His Favorite Superhero Says About Him
- What His Bad Habit Says About Him
- What His Car Says About Him
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- A beauty cheat sheet for allergy season
- Get Party-Ready Makeup in 5 Minutes or Less
- The shockingly cool history of hair removal
- What His Favorite Sport Says About Him
- What His Dog Says About Him
- What His Tattoo Says About Him
- The freshest new manis to try right now
- Mother-daughter beauty treats
- Look fresh, sexy & fun at your next pool party
- Read this before trying the neon makeup trend
- 8 wacky must-see beauty gadgets
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
A Cut Above?1 of 12
By Brienne Walsh
Whether it's long or short, smooth or rumpled, your guy's hair can reveal a lot about what's going on in his head—and his heart. Glo talked to the men's grooming experts to find out how to read between the strands.
Cruise Control2 of 12
"His cut is outwardly carefree, but every hair is fairly strategic in its length and placement," explains Craig the Barber, owner of Hollywood's Grooming Concierge, of Tom Cruise's coiff. "It makes me think he just gives the appearance of having a casual personality, while everything is actually calculated and planned."
All Business3 of 12
In recent years, Jay-Z has evolved from rapper into a mogul, the kind of man who runs companies, writes books and speaks on panels universities. "Neatly groomed and rocking retro spectacles, he gives off an air of seriousness without being too textbook corporate," says Craig the Barber.
He's Got Game4 of 12
Fútbol star Cristiano Ronaldo would catch our eye even without his attention-getting hair. As Craig the Barber explains, his 'do is analogous to his game: "The tight sides and wild top totally matches the soccer player's mindset, in which precision is crucial, but enjoying the game is paramount."
Showing Some Skin5 of 12
Larry David is no schlump, though he's certainly not your conventional Hollywood leading man. Even though he's been transplanted to Hollywood, his persona will always be that of the disgruntled, take-it-or-leave-it New Yorker. Craig the Barber further elaborates: "Larry's look proves he feels comfortable rockin' the hair he has, and isn't too worried about the ones he doesn't."
Hair Apparent6 of 12
As Prince William's confidence and popularity in the public continues to grow, so too does his hairline continue to recede. But with or without a crown, he bears his thinning pate with grace and aplomb. "He successfully minimizes attention on the hair by keeping it nice and neat," says Craig the Barber.
Crowning Glory7 of 12
Second in line to the British throne, Harry has the luxury of being a little more carefree than his more controlled older brother. "His hair is a tell-tale sign that Harry's obviously the younger, more rambunctious of the two royal brothers," Craig the Barber says of Harry's relaxed, fresh-off-the-polo-horse hairstyle. "The red hair demands a certain boldness, and gives him a boyish charm."
Great Lengths8 of 12
"While Russel Brand's look seems to say, 'No one can control me, so don't even try, he's less of a rebel and more of a misfit," says New York City hairstylist Grey Wolf of Grey Wolf Salon. His hair isn't aggressive; it's not crazy or overdone, indicating someone that might be afraid of failure of being judged. "He probably wears his heart out on his sleeve," says Wolf.
Ride The Wave9 of 12
If you can make it past Adrian Grenier's aquamarine eyes, then you'll probably take in his thick wavy mane. "It makes him look young but not too innocent," says Wolf. "The movement in his hair shows that he can be flexible. He's open to learning and changing."
Well Groomed10 of 12
Onscreen, Swedish-born Alexander Skarsgard plays a powerful (and incredibly sexy) vampire in True Blood. Off-screen, he's less menacing—although still as calculating and regal in his bearing. "His neatly cropped hair and straight part speak to an urge to always look put-together," says Craig the Barber. "Even when trying to look casual, he still looks like an heir to the Vanderbilt legacy."
Bang-Up Job11 of 12
Justin Bieber is the most carefully scrutinized teen heartthrob in the entertainment industry, so it's no wonder that his feather-y bangs are mussed perfection. "When a man uses product to preserve each strand's position, it cues us in to how tightly controlled his world really is," explains Craig The Barber.
Go Wild12 of 12
Jason Momoa has made a career out of playing the sexy warrior—first at the fierce Khal Drogo in the HBO series Game of Thrones, and now as Conan in the new film Conan and the Barbarian. In order to pull it off, he has to convey an enormous amount of virility and strength. Craig the Barber makes note of his luscious and wild curls: "These locks can transform him into whatever version of himself he wants to play. And he successfully gets away with it too! Confidence is a heck of a thing!"
- Adult games everyone will want to play
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- The best news we've heard all week
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests