Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- Next1 of 7Blumarine Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 7BCBG Spring 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next3 of 7Christian Dior Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next4 of 7Oscar De La Renta Spring 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next5 of 7Christian Dior Spring 2011; Imaxtree
- Previous Next6 of 7Tasashi Shoji Spring 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next7 of 7Richard Bord/Getty Images
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstageJennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The 17 absolute best concealers
- Dancing With the Stars pros' top looks
- The freshest new manis to try right now
- Mother-daughter beauty treats
- Look fresh, sexy & fun at your next pool party
- Read this before trying the neon makeup trend
- 8 wacky must-see beauty gadgets
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- The ultimate guide to perfect foundation
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- A beauty cheat sheet for allergy season
- Get Party-Ready Makeup in 5 Minutes or Less
- The shockingly cool history of hair removal
- Stars' unexpected '80s hairstyles
- Spring's sexiest new nail polish trends
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
Beauty Confidential1 of 7
Hanging out backstage during the shows at Fashion Week, you're bound to pick up a few tips from the makeup artists and hair pros. Take this example from behind the scenes at the Blumarine Fall 2012 show: To keep foundation from getting smudged, tuck a powder puff between your hand and chin when brushing on lipstick. Read on for more surprising behind-the-scenes beauty secrets.
Getting Decked2 of 7
To prevent the dreaded bumps that metal clips can leave behind, hairstylists keep playing cards handy. The thicker paper and smooth finish make them ideal for the job.
Sleight of Hand3 of 7
Beauty pros know that looking at a woman's hands is the best way to find out her true age. Botox and fillers can make a face look years younger, but extremities don't lie. Behind the scenes at the Christian Dior Fall 2012 show, a model (likely still in her teens) has concealer brushed onto to her hands to make them look even more pristine.
Curl Power4 of 7
Even models with stick-straight hair can achieve glorious waves. The trick? Weaving small sections of hair in and out of a U-shaped bobby pin, and then clamping with a flatiron to set the shape.
Need a Lift?5 of 7
At one recent show, models were given the Botox treatment by way of tape (not that a single runway model actually needs her skin pulled taut). The goal was to create dramatically arched brows. Although we wouldn't suggest this strategy for everyday wear, it certainly could be fun come Halloween.
Lash Out6 of 7
Looking to lengthen your lashes? Use the tip of your mascara wand to fully coat individual strands, as shown.
A Leg Up7 of 7
Even perfect-looking gams are fair game when it comes to runway prep. For the Julien Fournie show during Paris Fashion Week Fall 2013, a model with lovely legs goes under the makeup artist's brush to get them burnished with a darker foundation.
NEXT GALLERY: Know It All: Fashion Week