15 Marilyn Monroe copycats
- Next1 of 16Photofest
- Previous Next2 of 16Debbie Harry: Anthony Barboza/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 16Madonna: Photofest
- Previous Next4 of 16Anna Nicole Smith: Laurence Cottrell/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 16Ashley Judd: Kevin Winter/ImageDirect
- Previous Next6 of 16Angelina Jolie: Bill Davila/FilmMagic
- Previous Next7 of 16Drew Barrymore: Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 16Lindsay Lohan: Chris Polk/FilmMagic
- Previous Next9 of 16Penelope Cruz: Sony Pictures Classics/Photofest
- Previous Next10 of 16Lady Gaga: Janet Mayer / Splash News
- Previous Next11 of 16Paris Hilton: Todd Williamson/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 16Agyness Deyn: Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 16Megan Fox: Epsilon/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 16Kelly Osbourne: Hannes Magerstaedt/Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 16Scarlett Johansson: Carlo Allegri/Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 16Michelle Williams: The Weinstein Company/Photofest
Double Takes1 of 16
By Brienne Walsh
Marilyn Monroe may have been one of a kind, but that hasn't stopped devotees from copying her iconic look, as well as her sexy-sweet demeanor. Take a look back at the celebs she has inspired.
To Dye For2 of 16
By the late '70s, Monroe's influence could already be seen in stars including Debbie Harry, who said of Monroe, "I wanted to be like her—that's why I decided to dye my hair." The legendary rocker was adopted at a young age and has said that, as a child, she fantasized that Monroe was her mother.
Blond Ambition3 of 16
In 1985, Madonna paid homage to Monroe with her "Material Girl" video, a close replica of Monroe's "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" performance in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. An icon in her own right, the renowned chameleon has tried countless looks, but always returns to blond.
Guess Who?4 of 16
Probably more than any other star, Smith strove to embody her icon, beginning with her Guess Jeans ad campaign in the early '90s. In a tragic coincidence, both women died of drug overdoses under mysterious circumstances.
Best Dressed5 of 16
After Ashley Judd played Norma Jeane to Mira Sorvino's Monroe in the TV movie Norma Jean & Marilyn, she had her own bombshell moment (minus the blond) wearing a version of Monroe's famous halter dress.
Hitting The Bottle6 of 16
In real life, Angelina Jolie's public persona is more mysterious and brooding than Monroe's ever was. For her 2002 role in Life or Something Like It, Jolie went platinum by way of a heavy dose of peroxide.
Bubbling Over7 of 16
Like Monroe, Drew Barrymore has an effervescence that's unmistakable. On the red carpet, Barrymore has been known to swap her laid-back Bohemian style for Monroe's sultry, glamorous look. Her shimmery blue shadow and pale pink lips are a playful update.
Picture Perfect8 of 16
It's no secret that Lindsay Lohan identifies with Monroe. In 2008, Lohan famously posed as Monroe for a New York magazine story shot by Bert Stern, the same photographer who shot an almost identical series with Monroe right before her death. More recently, Lohan appeared on the cover of Playboy, once again channeling Monroe.
Wigging Out9 of 16
Even Spanish actress Penélope Cruz has channeled the blond bombshell for her role as an actress in the 2009 film Broken Embraces.
Short & Sweet10 of 16
Before her Monroe-inspired Happy Birthday performance for Bill Clinton, the music sensation opted for a very Marilyn blond bob and dramatic black liner on her upper lids—another retro touch. With her soft expression, Gaga seems to also be channeling some of Monroe's sweetness.
Such A Tease11 of 16
For the launch of her new perfume Tease, Paris Hilton held nothing back, looking more like a Halloween-costumed version of Monroe rather than someone taking inspiration from her.
White Hot12 of 16
Normally more punk than glamour-puss, model Agnyess Deyn brings out an alter ego that's remarkably Monroe-like. We love the way her pale lips gives the look a futuristic feel.
Idol Worship13 of 16
A self-proclaimed Monroe fan (she has a tattoo of the star on her arm to prove it), Megan Fox keeps her signature dark strands, but goes Marilyn by way of her hot pink dress. The fitted number hearkens back to the one Monroe wore for her "Diamonds" performance.
Go Figure14 of 16
Following her weight loss this past year, Kelly Osbourne emerged with a curvaceous figure similar to Monroe's. Not long after, Osbourne upped her Monroe likeness when she debuted this platinum blond bob.
Strike A Pose15 of 16
For her recent Dolce & Gabbana makeup ad, Scarlett Johansson struck a seductive pose in the spirit of Monroe. And rumor has it that before Michelle Williams was cast in My Week With Marilyn, Johansson was a contender for the role. While she bears a resemblance to the star, it's hard to imagine a raspy-voiced Johansson speaking in Monroe's soft, childlike way.
Double Duty16 of 16
To get ready for My Week With Marilyn, Michelle Williams reportedly gained weight in addition to lightening her hair to an intense platinum shade. Appearance aside, Williams has said that she also had to learn to play two Monroes: the public "character" and the more real, private one.
NEXT ON GLO: Bringing Sexy Back
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- The best news we've heard all week
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer