A Beautiful Life: Christina Hendricks
- Next1 of 9Glo
- Previous Next2 of 9CBS/Photofest
- Previous Next3 of 9Doug Meszler / Splash News
- Previous Next4 of 9Joe Corrigan/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 9Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
- Previous Next6 of 9Hulton Archive/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 9KCSPresse / Splash News
- Previous Next8 of 9Glo
- Previous Next9 of 9Love Actually: Universal Studios/Photofest
Intro_v011 of 9
The Movie Star2 of 9
What little girl didn't have a favorite Gilligan's Island castaway—either Ginger or Mary Ann? For Hendricks, it was the island's "movie star" Ginger. "I thought she was the epitome of gorgeous," she says.
I'll Take Manhattan3 of 9
Since then, Hendricks' sense of beauty has evolved. "A woman is beautiful when she stands out as an individual—it's a woman who has her own style and the confidence to pull it off," she says. "Half the women on the streets in New York City achieve this. I get so inspired every time I'm there."
Lady In Red4 of 9
"My go-to look is a beautiful dress," says the actress, who often graces the red carpet in Carolina Herrera, as seen here. "You can throw it on and you're fully dressed. It's easy and feminine.”
The Eyes Have It5 of 9
"I feel most myself with a touch of makeup, not too glamorous," she says. Instead of an allover look, the star likes to play up her eyes. "I've been using Latisse and my lashes have gotten longer, giving my favorite mascara, Smashbox Hyperlash, more to work with," she says.
Fashion Flashback6 of 9
"I'm quite happy living in the now," says Hendricks. "We have made such strides in technology, medicine, and respecting one another. But I'd love to wear the fashions of the '20s!"
Her "Happy Place"7 of 9
The Twin Falls, Idaho native now lives in Los Angeles, but it's the City of Lights that has her heart. "My husband and I were recently there," she says. "I had only been once before, and it's so extraordinarily beautiful. It makes you feel like you're in a romantic movie. And the pastries!"
Music To Her Ears8 of 9
For an instant escape, Hendricks turns to music. "To unwind, I listen to Chet Baker or Blossom Dearie. To re-energize, I probably would put on some '80s music. It immediately makes me feel like a kid again."
LISTEN NOW: Hear some of Chet Baker's most famous songs
Cinema Therapy9 of 9
Don't underestimate the feel-good benefits of movies. "Recently Bridesmaids made me laugh harder than I've laughed in ages," says Hendricks. "I could also watch Love Actually over and over. Everyone falls in love. That's nice, right?"
WATCH NOW: Love Actually
MORE ON GLO: Find your celeb fragrance inspiration
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds