Commuting beauty tips and tricks
- Next1 of 9Johner Images/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of SoCal Curls
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of MiaCare
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of Knesko
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of Vichy
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of Rembrandt
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of Bliss
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of DeVita
- Previous Next9 of 9Courtesy of Hello
- Commuting beauty tips and tricksBeauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- 7 Shortcuts To Soft, Smooth Skin
- What Dermatologists Don't Want You To Know
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should Know
- 10 Ways To Look Good In Every Photo
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Get Ready Faster
- Keep your glow well into winter with 5 switches
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- Best Celeb Locks of the Moment
- 10 Things Waxers Won't Tell You
- 11 Best Holiday Beauty Bargains
- Copy 6 Hunger Games: Catching Fire Looks
- Beauty Products That Work While You Sleep
- 8 Celebs Who Look Radiant in The Winter
- 10 Celeb Beauty Secrets Revealed
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Cozy Finds
Beauty in Motion1 of 9
By Natasha Burton
To optimize every minute of your commute, we've come up with eight creative ways to treat a blemish, do your hair and moisturize your hands—all while on the go. Whether you're driving or taking public transportation, these tips will help get the most out of your travel time.
Curl It Up2 of 9
Create pretty summer waves with this new hair tie that holds hair up off your face and sets curls (it's also attractive, so you won't be embarrassed wearing it in public). Just wrap your hair around the tie before you leave home and shake out your hair when you reach your destination. The result? Beautiful, bouncy locks.
SHOP NOW: SoCal Curls, $19
Banish Blemishes3 of 9
Wake up to a surprise eruption on your skin? Fight back with an acne treatment that you can stick onto your face before your commute to camouflage and treat your blemish. These skin-colored patches absorb liquids and are perfect for deflating large, raised pimples and can be left on all day.
SHOP NOW: MiaCare Acne Patches, $23
Perk Up Peepers4 of 9
Recovering from a late night? Stick on these collagen eye pads to help treat dark circles. The pads' hyaluronic acid skin and jojoba oil help hydrate the delicate under-eye area. (One caveat: The white gel semicircles may attract a few stares from your fellow commuters.)
SHOP NOW: Knesko Skin Diamond Radiance Eye Pads, $50 for four pairs
Protect Yourself5 of 9
Because the sun's UVA rays—the type that cause premature aging—can penetrate car windows, it's essential to protect your skin during your commute. While some car companies, like Ford, have started coating their car windows in SPF 50, most of us still have to use good old-fashioned sunscreen. Keep a spray bottle of non-greasy sunscreen in your glove compartment so you can spritz your arms, hands and chest before you leave the driveway.
SHOP NOW: Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50 Body Spray, $43
Whiten Your Smile6 of 9
Before your commute, pop on Rembrandt's whitening strips, which brighten your teeth—the active ingredient is hydrogen peroxide—in just ten minutes, they dissolve in your mouth and don't require brushing afterward.
SHOP NOW: Rembrandt Stain Dissolving Strips, $20
Mobile Mani7 of 9
Drive to work? Coat your hands with cream and don these moisturizing gloves. They'll give you a just-got-a-manicure suppleness without getting your steering wheel greasy.
SHOP NOW: Bliss Glamour Gloves, $40
Wash Your Face8 of 9
Want to just get home and fall into bed after a demanding day? Wash your face on the way home with a no-water-needed product. This new waterless cleansing crème removes makeup and helps maintain the skin's moisture balance (just wipe it off with cotton pads and your face is squeaky-clean).
SHOP NOW: DeVita Chamomile Cleansing Crème, $24
Freshen Your Breath9 of 9
No time to brush before a morning meeting or after a client dinner? Get yourself conversation-ready with this cutely packaged mouth spray.
SHOP NOW: Hello Breath Spray, $4