Dare to wear this day-to-evening hair
- Next1 of 9Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Previous Next9 of 9Courtesy of Cosmopolitan
- Dare to wear this day-to-evening hairBathing Suits For Every Body Type - Even Yours
- Shapewear You Don't Have to Hide
- Ugly Wedding Dresses We Can't Believe
- 7 ways to actually repurpose a bridesmaid look
- Best Celeb Locks of the Moment
- 10 Things Waxers Won't Tell You
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Copy 6 Hunger Games: Catching Fire Looks
- Beauty Products That Work While You Sleep
- 10 Ways To Look Good In Every Photo
- Cosmopolitan's Evan Rachel Wood photo shoot
- 10 prettiest colors for spring
- The definitive guide to printed pants
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should Know
- 11 Best Holiday Beauty Bargains
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Get Ready Faster
- Keep your glow well into winter with 5 switches
- 8 Celebs Who Look Radiant in The Winter
Work-to-Party Hair1 of 9
Hairstyling legend Oribe works his magic on Victoria's Secret supermodel Jessica Hart for this story. For day, he's created simple polished looks perfect for the office that easily morph into sexy evening looks with just a few tweaks. Go ahead and let your hair down.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 7 Easy Ways To Look Hotter This Summer
By Day: The Power Plant2 of 9
Channel your inner Khaleesi (queen of dragons…and awesome braids!) by misting damp hair with spray gel. Next, section off hair from temple to temple and hairline to crown (as if you were making a mohawk), and temporarily clip it on top of your head. Put the rest of your hair into a ponytail, braid it, and gently pull pieces of the plait out. "It looks fresher with little strands coming out of it," says Oribe. Now unclip the top section and twist it back toward the ponytail, wrapping ends around the elastic.
By Night: A Fierce Faux-Hawk3 of 9
Loosen the top section, and reclip it up top. Let out the braid—it'll have a wave. Then tightly comb the sides toward the crown, and secure with slim barrettes just under the clipped section. Loosen the top, sprinkle roots with volumizing powder, and tousle the section back toward the crown. It'll already have a nice curve from setting in the twist all day: An easy faux-hawk.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 11 Celebrity Curly Hairstyles To Try Now
By Day: Sleek and Chic4 of 9
Updos aren't your only a.m. starting point—a swingy, straight hairstyle is perfect for showing off a sexier off-duty look. "Over the course of a day, summer humidity gives straight, professional hair a textured, beachy look," says Oribe. Apply heat protector and with a round brush, blow it dry in three-inch sections. Point the nozzle downward to seal the cuticle and make it super-straight.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 23 Sexy Ideas for Long Hair
By Night: Totally Textured5 of 9
Cosmo-girls' honor: This style requires nothing more than our latest obsession—an aerosol texturizer. Part hair messily above one brow, then spray the texturizer onto one-inch sections, winding them between your fingers for separation.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 8 Things Guys Notice About You Instantly
By Day: French Twist6 of 9
Spring runways put this Audrey Hepburn-like style back on the map. Step out of the shower, prep wet hair with mousse, and side-part your hair, sweeping the front section across your forehead. Gather hair at the nape, and twist the hair up against the back of your head. "Really be strong with your twist—that way it won't sag," says Oribe. Insert bobby pins into the base of the twist to anchor it, then tuck the ends into the seam.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: The 14 Best Jobs for Women
By Night: Insta-Fringe7 of 9
Reposition the front of the updo, so it lies back toward the twist, not on your forehead. Then using the pointy end of a comb, (carefully!) fish out the ends, which you tucked into the seam earlier, and push them forward so they hang over your forehead like bangs.
By Day: The NBD Knot8 of 9
Imperfect buns look so much cooler than cookie-cutter ones, says Oribe. Distribute two egg-size dollops of mousse through damp hair from the ears down. Make a ponytail at the top of your crown, then tightly twirl the tail around the base, anchoring it with bobby pins. (The tighter the bun, the sexier the waves will look when you unwind it later.) The finishing touch: Use your fingers to tease a few strands out of the topknot and along your hairline.
By Night: Bombshell Waves9 of 9
Undo that bun, shake it out, and let those waves (which have been taking shape all day) tumble down. Since roots have been slicked back for hours, give them a lift with a deep part directly above one temple.
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- 10 Gorgeous Gifts That Give Back to Charity
- DIY Tips for a Greener Holiday
- 6 DIY Wreaths That Are Cheap & Easy
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway