Dynasty's Beauty & Style Evolution
- Next1 of 28ABC/Photofest
- Previous Next2 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 28Tom Wargacki/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 28Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 28ABC/Photofest
- Previous Next7 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 28George Rose/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next18 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next19 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next20 of 28ABC/Photofest
- Previous Next21 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next22 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next23 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next24 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next25 of 28Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next26 of 28ABC via Getty Images
- Previous Next27 of 28ABC/Photofest
- Previous Next28 of 28ABC/Photofest
- Dynasty's Beauty & Style Evolution9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- A History of Women and Underarm Hair
- Beauty Tips From A Supermodel-Turned-Actress
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- Outrageous Makeup Looks Only Bloggers Will Try
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Gotta Have It
- Your Ultimate Guide to At-Home Self-Tanners
- Gotta Have It: Daily Animal Finds
- 12 Most Outrageous Brow Trends Ever
- 8 Skin Mistakes You Don't Know You're Making
- What Your Blowout Style Says About You
- Why Every Woman Should Be Using A Facial Oil
- What Guys Think Of 10 Spring Hair Trends
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Ombre Nails How-To
- Spring Nail Colors Inspired By Chick Flicks
- 12 Ways To Look Prettier In Under 30 Seconds
- Beauty Secrets We Learned From Jennifer Aniston
Bigger is Better1 of 28
Everything about fashion and beauty in the '80s was glitzy, glamorous and over-the-top. No one illustrated it better than the women of Dynasty. To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the show, we look back at their eye-catching style.
Enter Alexis2 of 28
We first met Joan Collins's character, Alexis, in the second season of the show. This over-the-top character needed an equally over-the-top wardrobe, which seemed to suit Joan just fine.
Head of the Class3 of 28
Both on and off-set, Joan's fashion was high-style and high drama. To add a regal touch (we suppose), we often saw her in a hat or turban. It should be noted that turbans are currently making a comeback.
Fur Out4 of 28
Were the dressing rooms on the Dynasty set stocked with furs? We think so, judging by this ultra-luxe ensemble.
Glamour Girl5 of 28
Always impeccably outfitted, we love Joan's winter white dress-and-coat combo.
Bridal Party6 of 28
She was no stranger to walking down the aisle, but that doesn't mean Alexis was going to do it quietly or demurely. Shiny lavender and that hat/veil combo are definitely making a statement.
Heavy Metal7 of 28
Gold dress? Check. 240 carat necklace? Check. Metallic eyeshadow? Check. This is the quintessential Dynasty look.
Hoedown8 of 28
Even when she hit the country-western bar, Alexis brought the glamour. But how did they find cowboy boots that matched her leather pants exactly?
She's a Lady9 of 28
If there ever was an '80s power suit, this is it.
Hats Off10 of 28
Matching hats were an absolute must on the show.
Helmet Head11 of 28
We cannot even fathom how many cans of hairspray (aerosol, of course) were used to create this 'do. It practically defies gravity.
With the Band12 of 28
Who else could get away with a sparkling gold headband?
Power Player13 of 28
Her character may have had a rough road trying to establish herself as the female head of the Carrington household, but Linda Evans sure dressed the part for her role as Krystle.
Gold Standard14 of 28
A powerful oil tycoon's wife should never be without her gold lamé jacket.
Bed Head15 of 28
Fabulous, rich lingerie was de rigueur for the ladies of Dynasty, especially Krystle.
Ab Fab16 of 28
Matching your fur coat to your hair color was the ultimate sign of '80s excess.
Work It Out17 of 28
No self-respecting country club wife would ever exercise sans braided headband.
Spa Day18 of 28
Of course Dynasty would even make a mud mask fight in a ritzy spa color-coordinated.
Blond Ambition19 of 28
Also joining the cast in season two, Heather Locklear played Krystle's greedy niece Sammy Jo Dean.
The Cat's Meow20 of 28
What were all the hot young things wearing in the '80s? Head-to-toe leopard of course.
Studio 5421 of 28
We often saw Sammy Jo in sexy, disco-y outfits like this fuchsia jumpsuit and gold accessories ensemble.
Rock Out22 of 28
We wonder if Locklear's marriage to Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee influenced her style on the show.
La Grande Dom23 of 28
Diahann Carroll played Dominique Deveraux, a successful and wealthy chanteuse with a big secret and the requisite love of fur and jewels.
Family Affair24 of 28
Do you believe Dominique was a Carrington? The flouncy top, bright red nails and 40 carat diamond earrings are all signs that point to yes.
Fur Real25 of 28
Do you think perhaps Catherine Oxenberg, who played Alexis's daughter Amanda, took this coat directly from the wardrobe closet? Regardless, it's gorgeous.
Get Low26 of 28
This dress couldn't be any more '80s if it tried. The color, the low cut of the back and of course the strong shoulders. And don't forget those triangle earrings.
Princess Bride27 of 28
Dynasty had its own version of a royal wedding when Amanda was set to wed Prince Michael of Moldavia. And her dress was as intricate as any gown fit for a princess. Sadly, terrorists interrupted the ceremony and gunned down the chapel. Boy do we miss these nighttime soaps.
Such Great Heights28 of 28
It was all about lift in the '80s when it came to air. And Catherine nails it. Her hair's got serious air! It's mildly embarrassing to admit that we, too, rocked a version of this look.