How the stars fake a flawless complexion
- Next1 of 7Laura Linney:Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 7Zooey Deschanel: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 7Kate Beckinsdale: Jeff Vespa/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 7Julianna Margulies: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 7Katharine McPhee: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 7Julie Bowen: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 7Kristen Wiig: Jeff Vespa/WireImage
- How the stars fake a flawless complexion12 Best Beauty Products of the Past 19 Years
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 30-Something Models at Fashion Week
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 11 Rising Stars Who Are Future Beauty Icons
- How to Look Good on a Webcam
- 10 Pretty Ways To Wear The Season's Hot Shade
- 10 Slimming Hair Tricks To Ask Your Stylist For
- How to Apply Eye Shadow for Every Eye Shape
- How To Match Your Makeup To Your Outfit
- Dolce & Gabbana's Runway Beauty
- 13 Cheap & Fast Ways To Look Red Carpet Ready
- 11 Best New Acne-Fighting Products
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- The Perfect Smoky Eyes for Red Lips
- 10 Breakthrough Beauty Ingredients To Try
- Romantic Hair Ideas That Take 10 Minutes Or Less
Get Glowing!1 of 7
By Shannan Rouss
The secret to luminous skin may not be such a secret after all. According to makeup artist Tina Turnbow, a good moisturizer is key. "Moisturizer under the foundation allows you to sheer the foundation out so that it's smooth and lightweight," she says. (She used Caudalie Premier Cru Cream on Laura Linney for this year's Golden Globes.) To bring the focus to the eye area, she also dabbed Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream "along the optical bone and tops of the cheek bones."
Welcome Matte2 of 7
To create Zooey Deschanel's porcelain complexion, makeup artist Jorjee Douglass began with Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer. "It's a must-do step to hydrate and mattify the skin," says Douglass. She also used concealer to cover any imperfections. "The key to good coverage without showing that you're wearing makeup is blending out the edges," she says. "I use a concealer brush when I am applying it to my clients. I then use my finger and pat out the edges."
Sunny Side3 of 7
Makeup artist Molly Stern used the bronze tone in Hourglass Illume Crème-to Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset to give Kate Beckinsale's its warmth. Next Stern applied the ultra-sheer blush tone applied on the apples of her cheeks. She finished with a dusting of Nars Blush in Miss Liberty high on Kate's cheekbone for a little added luminosity.
Think Pink4 of 7
We asked makeup artist Kristofer Buckle how Julianna Margulies achieves her pore-less complexion and rosy glow. Buckle told us he used L'Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup in Soft Ivory to help The Good Wife star get red carpet ready. The finishing touch? He applied L'Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Plume.
Age of Innocence5 of 7
Makeup artist Lauren Anderson wanted to create a fresh-faced, youthful look for Katharine McPhee, so she started with Clé de Peau Beauté Refining Fluid Foundation SPF 24. The foundation provides medium coverage and gives skin a dewy finish. After applying a bit of blush on cheeks for a natural flush, she set the look with a very light dusting of sheer, pearlescent YSL Poudre Sure Mesure.
Neutral Zone6 of 7
To complement Julie Bowen's Grace Kelly-inspired hair, makeup artist Heather Currie went for "an old Hollywood glam makeup moment with a neutral palette." First off, Currie applied Giorgio Armani Foundation to perfect Bowen's skin. Next, she used L'Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Celestial to create a natural glow.
Bases Covered7 of 7
Kristin Wiig's subtle, but flawless makeup was done by makeup artist Heba Thorisdottir, who has worked with stars including Charlize Theron and Scarlett Johansson. Thorisdottir applied Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, which she says is "a must-have for red carpet events because it ensures that makeup lasts all night." She then combined two shades of Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation (light beige and sand) to give Wiig's skin a velvet finish.