Roses pack a potent beauty punch
- Next1 of 11Lisa Romerein/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of L'Occitane
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Balenciaga
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Patyka
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Fresh
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Nuxe
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Melvita
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Lancôme
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Joy
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Votre Vu
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Michael Kors
- Roses pack a potent beauty punch7 Shortcuts To Soft, Smooth Skin
- What Dermatologists Don't Want You To Know
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- Best Celeb Locks of the Moment
- 10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should Know
- 11 Best Holiday Beauty Bargains
- Copy 6 Hunger Games: Catching Fire Looks
- Keep your glow well into winter with 5 switches
- 8 Celebs Who Look Radiant in The Winter
- 10 Celeb Beauty Secrets Revealed
- 10 Things Waxers Won't Tell You
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- Beauty Products That Work While You Sleep
- 10 Ways To Look Good In Every Photo
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Get Ready Faster
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Cozy Finds
- How to Go Gray Gracefully
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
Coming Up Roses1 of 11
By Rachel Hayes
Think a rose is just a rose? Not so. In addition to its scent being a mood booster, the flower's delicate petals contain antioxidants to help heal skin and reduce inflammation, explains Iris Moreau, creator of Iris Moreau Precious Rose Serum. To help you enjoy a little petal power, Glo has picked a bouquet of rose-based lotions, potions and scents.
Provence, Please2 of 11
Maybe you can't jet off to the South of France for a break from the chilly weather, but your hands can get a taste of the Continental life with L'Occitane Rose des Champs hand cream. This luxe lotion contains wild rose extract from Provence and small rose-bush-oil pearls that pop upon contact to soothe and soften skin.
SHOP NOW: L'Occitane Rose Des Champs pearl hand cream, $10
Scent of a Woman3 of 11
Don't inhale. That is, unless you can handle the scent of high fashion. The newest fragrance from the House of Balenciaga, Florabotanica, contains blend of Turkish rose and "psycho-sensory" plants like hemp leaves. "It's a fragrance I like to think of as tender and dangerous," designer Nicolas Ghesquière has said. Notes of vetiver root, white amber, carnation and mint add to this provocative floral.
SHOP NOW: Balenciaga Florabotanica, $125
Glow On4 of 11
Celebrity makeup artists often spritz rose water on clients' skin to freshen, tone and get it glowing before applying makeup. A cult favorite is Absolis by Patyka rose face toner, which is an organic, alcohol-free formula that contains pure rose water to refresh, hydrate and help purify the skin.
SHOP NOW: Absolis By Patyka rose face toner, $50
Bed of Roses5 of 11
When you're in dire need of an a.m. pick-me-up, slather on Fresh rose hydrating gel cream. This light emulsion is extremely refreshing and revives dull, tired skin—concentrated doses of rosewater and rose flower oil soothe skin while cucumber extract, hyaluronic acid and jojoba oil nourish.
SHOP NOW: Fresh rose hydrating gel cream, $42
What a Softie6 of 11
Exfoliating is a necessary step in the quest for radiant skin. But if sloughing off dead skin cells causes too much redness and irritation, try Nuxe gentle exfoliating gel with rose petals. This gentle scrub evens skin tone with botanical exfoliants like lychee seed and nutshell powder, and improves skin texture with Damascus rose, known for its softening and moisturizing properties.
SHOP NOW: Nuxe rose petal gentle exfoliating gel, $26
Natural Wonder7 of 11
Got a bad case of lizard skin? Slather on Melvita moisturizing rose nectar for instant relief. This formula, certified 100 percent organic, contains hydrating rose floral water, rose hip oil (which helps your skin retain water) and wild rose petal extract (which stimulates water circulation within skin cells).
SHOP NOW: Melvita moisturizing rose nectar, $42
Garden Fresh8 of 11
In 1973, French rose cultivator George Delbard won a competition for the creation of the Lancôme Rose, a multi-hybrid rose that involved crossbreeding 2,000 species. Today it is the powerful anti-aging ingredient of Lancôme Absolue L'Extrait. One jar contains up to 2 million resilient rose native cells, which helps the skin rejuvenate and reduces the appearance of wrinkles while increasing radiance.
SHOP NOW: Lancôme Absolue L'Extrait Regenerating Ultimate Elixir, $350
La Vie en Rose9 of 11
Jean Patou Paris Joy perfume is a legendary French perfume that requires 28 dozen May roses to create just a single ounce. (The May rose is the most delicate and expensive flower in the world, grown in limited quantity in Grasse, France, making each harvest precious.) This year's limited edition Joy holiday gift set contains Joy eau de parfum and the new, indulgent Joy body cream.
SHOP NOW: Jean Patou Joy holiday gift set, $190
Vanishing Act10 of 11
If you find taking off mascara is a nightly battle, try Vôtre Vu Sweep gentle eye makeup remover. This non-oily formula contains pure rose water, distilled from fresh-picked rose petals, to refresh, moisturize and tone the delicate skin around your eyes while removing stubborn makeup.
SHOP NOW: Vôtre Vu Sweep gentle eye makeup remover, $26
Rose Gold11 of 11
Michael Kors' latest fragrance, Gold Rose Edition, is as elegant as his runway creations. It's a beautiful, lush bouquet that starts off with light floral notes and dries down to some seriously sexy accords. Tuberose, muguet, peony and gardenia all come together to create this modern floral scent.
SHOP NOW: Michael Kors Gold Rose Edition eau de parfum, $98