- Next1 of 10Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 10Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next3 of 10Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next4 of 10Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next5 of 10Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next6 of 10Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next7 of 10Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next8 of 10Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next9 of 10Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next10 of 10Imaxtree.com
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- 7 Shortcuts To Soft, Smooth Skin
- What Dermatologists Don't Want You To Know
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should Know
- 10 Ways To Look Good In Every Photo
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Get Ready Faster
- Keep your glow well into winter with 5 switches
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- Best Celeb Locks of the Moment
- 10 Things Waxers Won't Tell You
- 11 Best Holiday Beauty Bargains
- Copy 6 Hunger Games: Catching Fire Looks
- Beauty Products That Work While You Sleep
- 8 Celebs Who Look Radiant in The Winter
- 10 Celeb Beauty Secrets Revealed
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Cozy Finds
Get Noticed At the Office1 of 10
By Abby Gardner
We've all worked in an office where somebody stands out for their beauty choices ... and not in a good way. No one wants to be that girl. Here's some expert advice on how to keep it neat and simple at work.
Well Groomed2 of 10
Keep your brows clean-looking, according to makeup artist and author of Best In Beauty, Riku Campo. "Eyebrows don’t need to look like that perfect, Linda Evangelista shape, because we all are born with our own shapes. And it’s old-fashioned to think that there is only one that is 'acceptable.'"
Tread Lightly3 of 10
"Be light handed with bronzer," says Riku. "Too much bronzer is no good." We wholeheartedly concur. Your neck and your face should be the same color. This is not optional.
In Your Eyes4 of 10
Riku thinks you should keep a basic eye shadow compact handy. It should include nudes and browns because these will match any of your lipsticks and blushes. This doesn't mean you can't wear more color, but these will get you by in a pinch ... like a surprise lunch meeting with clients.
Shine On5 of 10
You never want people to notice your hair because it's dry and haggard looking. Hairstylist Kaz Amor of Warren-Tricomi Los Angeles recommends using a color gloss once a month to make hair pop and keep it shiny and youthful.
Heads Up6 of 10
Kaz also says you shouldn't be afraid to use hair accessories that suit your style. "Headbands are great in the office to keep hair off of your face and add a little splash." However, we would avoid super huge bows and wacky hats.
Lip Lock7 of 10
Remember your personal style when picking out your lip products, says Riku. But you do want to stick with it. If you choose a heavily pigmented lipstick, then we're here to tell you that you'll need to reapply all day. No one likes to see a ring-around-the-mouth. Otherwise, we'd say go with a gloss that makes you look simply pulled together.
Tidy Up8 of 10
"Make sure to maintain your hair all day long," says Kaz. He thinks you should keep a mini tool kit at the office filled with your favorite quick-fix refreshing products like dry shampoo and a mild paste (for flyaways). You never know when the boss might call you into a big meeting.
Dust Away9 of 10
"Powder is a must to keep your makeup in one place," says Riku. There's nothing that makes you look more unorganized than makeup running down your face. For darker skin, use a more orange or yellow-based loose powder to avoid looking ashy.
Paint Politics10 of 10
Celebrity manicurist Elle Gerstein, who works with Jennifer Lopez and Mariah Carey, advises keeping the crazy neon nails to a minimum at the office, but reminded us that your polish colors can still be a bright, fun accessory.