Beauty pros share their travel-prep secrets
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Deborah Lippmann, AERIN, Rita Hazan, Sally Hershberger
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Bobbi Brown
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Deborah Lippmann
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Deborah Lippmann
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Joanna Vargas
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Joanna Vargas
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Sally Hershberger
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Rita Hazan, Sephora
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Rita Hazan
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Aerin Lauder
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Aerin Lauder
- Beauty pros share their travel-prep secretsBeauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- 7 Shortcuts To Soft, Smooth Skin
- What Dermatologists Don't Want You To Know
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should Know
- 10 Ways To Look Good In Every Photo
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Get Ready Faster
- Keep your glow well into winter with 5 switches
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- Best Celeb Locks of the Moment
- 10 Things Waxers Won't Tell You
- 11 Best Holiday Beauty Bargains
- Copy 6 Hunger Games: Catching Fire Looks
- Beauty Products That Work While You Sleep
- 8 Celebs Who Look Radiant in The Winter
- 10 Celeb Beauty Secrets Revealed
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Cozy Finds
Get Packing1 of 11
By Rachel Hayes
If you're like many of us, planes, trains and automobiles are in your near future. To help you survive the hectic holidays in style, Glo has gathered savvy packing tips from beauty-biz frequent flyers. Find out what you need to do to maximize your on-the-road style and minimize the schlepping.
Prep a Palette2 of 11
Superstar makeup artist Bobbi Brown knows from travel—she's wrapping up a tour for her new book, Pretty Powerful. Her all-in-one makeup solution: "I keep my makeup bag small by filling one of my face palettes with corrector, concealer, foundation stick and pot rouge, which you can use on cheeks and eyes. This way, I never forget anything."
SHOP NOW: Bobbi Brown Face Palette, $15
Quick Strip3 of 11
Chipping your manicure while you're away on holiday is a bummer, but packing a bottle of polish remover isn't practical. "I always pack my stripper-to-go nail-lacquer-remover mitts," says nail guru Deborah Lippmann, who logs 125,000 miles of travel a year. Her portable removers contain emollient lavender oil and aloe vera, helping to soften plane-dried nails while removing polish in a snap.
SHOP NOW: Deborah Lippmann Stripper-to-Go Lacquer-Remover Mitts, $12 (for 6)
Mani Up4 of 11
After whisking off old polish, Deborah Lippmann recommends a couple of coats of a neutral polish. Her tip? "I always pack my nail lacquer in naked because it goes with everything," she says.
SHOP NOW: Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Naked, $16
Glass Slippers5 of 11
NYC celebrity aesthetician Joanna Vargas has this clever solution for packing her favorite organic products, which usually come in glass bottles: "To prevent them from breaking when I travel, I pack them in my shoes!" Vargas, who jets between NYC, Florida and L.A., says that her rejuvenating serum is her No. 1 must-have. The nutrient-rich product contains super-moisturizing argan oil, and vitamin C, which helps with exfoliation.
SHOP NOW: Joanna Vargas Rejuvenating Serum, $100
Tea For Two6 of 11
If you're going away for just a few days, you could eliminate your eye cream from your packing list and just use your face cream all over. "But if you have issues with puffy eyes, a face cream won't help," says Vargas. "Instead, just pack a few chamomile tea bags. Make yourself a nice cup of tea before bed, then let the bags cool and place them over your eyes. They'll bring down puffiness really quickly and they are super-easy to pack."
SHOP NOW: Celestial Seasonings chamomile tea, $3 (20 bags)
Miracle Multipurpose7 of 11
Celebrity hairstylist and bicoastal salon owner Sally Hershberger says, "I'm constantly going back and forth between NYC and L.A., and don't have the patience to wait for checked bags, so I put everything in my carry-on. To keep my hair soft and shiny, I bring my keratin spray, which passes the under-three-ounce rule. You don't need any other products; just spray on wet or dry hair and go," says the stylist.
SHOP NOW: Sally Hershberger Hyper-Hydration Super-Keratin Spray, $13
Refill, Repack8 of 11
NYC salon owner and star colorist Rita Hazan says, "I buy empty travel-size bottles, then fill them up with all my favorite products like my body wash, face scrub and moisturizer. As soon as I get back from a trip, I refill them all right away. This way, when I have to leave again, I already have everything I need and am not stressed getting it all together." says the pro, who often makes quick trips to L.A., London, Chicago and San Francisco to tend to her celebrity clients.
SHOP NOW: Sephora Deluxe Airless Travel Kit, $36
Just Spray It9 of 11
Styling your hair without your arsenal of tools isn't always easy, especially if you have thick or unruly hair. "I get my hair done the day I leave on a trip so that I don't have to do it at all when I travel. A good blowout should last you at least three days," says Hazan. "If I need to touch it up, I'll use hairspray, which can dry up greasy roots and help tame frizz. It's also great when you want to slick your hair into a ponytail or updo," she says. Her favorite is L'Oreal Elnett satin hairspray.
SHOP NOW: L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray, travel size, $6
See Clearly10 of 11
Aerin Lauder, who recently launched her own cosmetics line, says, "I love to use my clear travel bag. It's the perfect size for short trips and it prevents leaking." A see-through tote also makes it easy to grab what you need when you're on the go.
SHOP NOW: Aerin clear travel bag, $40
In the Bag11 of 11
Aerin Lauder's essential products to stash in her clear beauty bag? Aerin rose lip conditioner, which serves as a moisturizer and has a neutral tone, and Aerin pretty bronze illuminating powder, which creates a healthy glow.
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- 10 Gorgeous Gifts That Give Back to Charity
- Office Supplies' New Look
- 6 DIY Wreaths That Are Cheap & Easy
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway