The latest tricks for getting gorgeous legs
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring 2012; Imaxtree
Summer is here, bringing with it short shorts, tennis skirts, bathing suits… and all the skin-baring insecurities that come along with them. Before your legs spend another season in hiding, get Glo's rundown of the best new high-tech treatments—as well as lower-cost at-home methods—for banishing unwanted bumps and blemishes. Angelina Jolie, watch out.
Until recently, cellulite treatments mostly worked to plump skin, temporarily masking the appearance of cellulite rather than eradicating it entirely. But this past year, a small group of dermatologists and plastic surgeons started offering Cellulaze, a laser treatment technology developed by aesthetic-tech company Cynosure.
What it's best for: This new therapy is effective—and reputedly permanent—at reducing the appearance of dimpled skin after only a single visit. However, the procedure is expensive, beginning at $6,000 for a treatment area of just under 100 square inches. Although no long-term scientific studies have been done, a recent report in Aesthetic Surgery Journal reported mostly positive results after one year.
More On MSN
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- SNL alum lands huge Garnier campaign
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds