Hair Highlights 2012
- Next1 of 31Glo
- Previous Next2 of 31Jemal Countess/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 31Roberto Cavalli Fall 2012; Imaxtree
- Previous Next4 of 31Brian Ach/Getty Images for Avon
- Previous Next5 of 31LEON NEAL/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 31Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Chanel
- Previous Next7 of 31Gregg DeGuire/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 31Neilson Barnard/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 31Jun Sato/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 31Marc Andrew Deley/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 31Paul Morigi/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 31Marion Curtis/startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next13 of 31James Devaney/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 31Rabbani and Solimene Photography/Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 31Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next16 of 31ChinaFotoPress/ChinaFotoPress via Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 31Marion Curtis/Startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next18 of 31Michael Tran/FilmMagic
- Previous Next19 of 31Paul Drinkwater/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
- Previous Next20 of 31Fernando Leon/Getty Images for TIME
- Previous Next21 of 31Donato Sardella/WireImage
- Previous Next22 of 31Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next23 of 31Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
- Previous Next24 of 31Jonathan Hordle/Rex/Rex USA
- Previous Next25 of 31Dan Wooller/Rex/Rex USA
- Previous Next26 of 31Rabbani and Solimene Photography/WireImage
- Previous Next27 of 31Kirstin Sinclair/Getty Images
- Previous Next28 of 31Tony Barson/WireImage
- Previous Next29 of 31Cindy Ord/Getty Images for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
- Previous Next30 of 31Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next31 of 31Dave Allocca/Startraksphoto.com
Rev HH 2012 intro1 of 31
Ice, Ice Baby2 of 31
Nearly-white hair helped play up designer Erin Fetherston's modern, ethereal vibe.
Shadow Play3 of 31
If a man is going to do stubble, like this gent at the Roberto Cavalli show, then this is how to do it. It's the morning-after 5 o'clock shadow.
The Thick of Things4 of 31
At 46, Paulina Porizkova still has her lush mane of bouncy, chestnut hair.
Short & Sweet5 of 31
Channeling Audrey Hepburn, Penelope Cruz opted for fringe that was short and choppy at the ends.
Natural Selection6 of 31
Ginnifer Goodwin wore a skinny gold headband that paired elegantly with her prim white blouse and glowy makeup.
On the Fringe7 of 31
Effortless brow-grazing bangs complemented Rashida Jones's slightly undone side braid, a trend that reached its peak with the release of Hunger Games in March.
Balancing Act8 of 31
January Jones's deep side part was smooth and controlled on one side, curled and flirty on the other.
Heart of Pixie9 of 31
Michelle Williams could very well be the poster child for the contemporary pixie cut. Her delicate, ultra-feminine features and heart-shaped face seem tailor-made for the style.
Top Notch10 of 31
Leave it to Nicole Richie to make a knotted bun chic; her sweet updo was one of the most iconic looks of the year.
She's Come Undone11 of 31
Leslie Mann's deconstructed bun was both youthful and effortlessly elegant at the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner in April.
Going for the Gold12 of 31
Jessica Alba epitomized Hollywood glamour, a look that made a huge comeback in 2012, with super-sexy, shiny waves at the Met Costume Institute Gala in May.
Frankly, Scarlet13 of 31
Known for her eclectic style, Florence Welch pulled off the year's best bold red hair.
Dance Off14 of 31
Julianne Hough shows off her platinum waves with a deep part and lots of volume.
Deep Note15 of 31
Ciara's dual-tone locks framed her face gorgeously and created a cutting-edge style.
See the Light16 of 31
Emma Stone's fair complexion works well with this buttery shade of blond.
Water Mark17 of 31
Model Joan Smalls wore this summer's wet-look trend with understated elegance.
Smooth Moves18 of 31
Mena Suvari's modern, shoulder-length bob and side-swept bangs were sophisticated but not at all stuffy.
Side Way19 of 31
Bobby pins had a serious comeback in 2012: Salma Hayek pinned one side of her wavy locks behind her ear for a hint of retro glam.
We Have Liftoff20 of 31
Claire Danes, riding the lofty-locks trend of late summer, wore her hair seriously high, yet it still looked smooth and touchable.
Ripple Effect21 of 31
Kristin Davis looked utterly fresh and summery while following the un-done August hair trend with casual, air-dried mahogany waves.
Textured Twist22 of 31
Fresh reinterpretations of the humble ponytail were everywhere this year. Janet Montgomery, star of Made in Jersey, wore her chic side pony with loosely tousled waves and volume at the crown.
Crowning Glory23 of 31
Maria Menounos looked adorable wearing the half-up style—her voluminous waves and self-wrapped pony made this late-summer look (also worn by such stars as J. Lo and Bella Thorne) a hit.
Middle School24 of 31
Model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's center-parted blond waves were perfectly in style and showcased her gorgeous face.
Bump It Up25 of 31
With minimal makeup, Pushing Daisies star Anna Friel showed how elegant the simple, late-summer volume-at-the-crown style could be.
Gamine Girl26 of 31
Though Oscar contender Anne Hathaway cried when she went under the clippers for her Les Misérables cut, she definitely grew into—pun intended—her striking pixie.
Bob and Weave27 of 31
Russian fashion writer Miroslava Duma's chin-length bob was enhanced by twisted locks that framed her face.
Swept Away28 of 31
Keri Russell's 'do brought back fond memories the '90s tossed-to-the-side look.
Model Behavior29 of 31
Catwalker Veronica Varekova parted her hair down the center with an over-the-shoulder braid.
Curtain Call30 of 31
Elle Fanning wore her long straight locks (a style very popular this fall) with a bit of roots visible at the part, a touch that added a bit of edge.
Good Side31 of 31
Anna Karenina star Keira Knightley recently tried the popular slicked-back, side-parted style.
NEXT ON GLO: Look 5 Pounds Thinner with These Beauty Tips
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds