Having a Moment: Party Makeup
- Next1 of 22Glo
- Previous Next2 of 22RD/Scott Kirkland/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next3 of 22CAMERA PRESS/BILLY CHAPPELA Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next4 of 22Rob Kim/Retna Digital
- Previous Next5 of 22Julien M. Hekimian/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 22Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
- Previous Next7 of 22RD/Ramon/Retna Digital
- Previous Next8 of 22RD/Scott Kirkland/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next9 of 22RD/Scott Kirkland/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next10 of 22Rob Kim/Retna Digital
- Previous Next11 of 22Mark Sullivan/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 22Dave M. Benett/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 22Neilson Barnard/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 22Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 22Mark Ralston/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 22Dr. Billy Ingram/WireImage
- Previous Next17 of 22Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next18 of 22Lester Cohen/WireImage
- Previous Next19 of 22Jon Kopaloff /FilmMagic
- Previous Next20 of 22Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- Previous Next21 of 22Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage
- Previous Next22 of 22Jordan Strauss/WireImage
- Having a Moment: Party MakeupMakeup Products That Work Best In Pairs
- 12 Best Beauty Products of the Past 19 Years
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 30-Something Models at Fashion Week
- 13 Cheap & Fast Ways To Look Red Carpet Ready
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 11 Rising Stars Who Are Future Beauty Icons
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- 10 Pretty Ways To Wear The Season's Hot Shade
- 10 Slimming Hair Tricks To Ask Your Stylist For
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- How To Match Your Makeup To Your Outfit
- Dolce & Gabbana's Runway Beauty
- How to Look Good on a Webcam
- 11 Best New Acne-Fighting Products
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- How to Apply Eye Shadow for Every Eye Shape
- The Perfect Smoky Eyes for Red Lips
- 10 Breakthrough Beauty Ingredients To Try
Intro_Loreal_Party Makeup CelebMakeup_nologo1 of 22Intro Having A Moment Celeb Party Makeup
Aqua Fresh2 of 22
A festive event calls for playful makeup. Take a cue from Diane Kruger and opt out of your trusty black liner in favor of a bright aqua shade. A thin line and a winged stroke will add extra flair. But twisted hair and a splashy neon dress are optional.
Gold Standard3 of 22
It wouldn’t be “the holidays” without a little metallic action. Scarlett accents her newly chopped bob with scorching gold eyeliner. We think the look takes first place.
Eye Spy4 of 22
Late-night fetes warrant some drama, let’s be honest. Here, SJP masters the sultry-eye look with creamy bronzed skin and windswept hair. We think the combo makes it modern rather than gothic.
Premiere Look5 of 22
Sometimes red carpet makeup does translate to the real world. Here, we love how Marion Cotillard wears both a strong lip and a strong eye. It’s glamour to the max, and we like it.
Metal Head6 of 22
Kristen Stewart always nails the edgy beauty thing, which is a perfect look for a youthful gathering of friends. At a recent awards show, she paired her signature smoky eye (this time it was a matte gunmetal shade) with her hair color du jour, a chestnut ginger.
Match Point7 of 22
A big-time party can mean breaking out looks we normally wouldn’t go near. That’s why we support matching eyes and lips for some real old-fashioned glamour. But could Blake Lively really look bad in any trend?
Bold and the Beautiful8 of 22
Sometimes the outfit dictates the makeup, and we all know that the holidays are the time to get loud. Here Gwyneth complements an uber-bright dress with dewy skin, a subtle eye and glossy nude lips. Cheers.
Lash Out9 of 22
Nothing says glamour like major lashes. Kerry Washington rocks the trend with a subtle smoky eye, flushed cheeks and clear gloss. Perfect for a sophisticated dinner party.
Fire and Ice10 of 22
You can never go wrong with a striking red lip for an elegant cocktail party. Here Rachel Weisz teams a crimson mouth with strong, arched brows and radiant, glowing skin for a breathtakingly classic look.
Red Zone11 of 22
Dressy doesn't always have to mean that you pile on loads of makeup, as evidenced by Jessica Biel. We love the subtle use of a reddish-brown shadow on her upper lids and just a touch in the outer corners of her eyes.
Cat's Meow12 of 22
January Jones has definitely mastered an updated version of an old Hollywood cat's-eye. The winged effect created by the gray shadow even makes her amazing cheekbones look more angular and stunning.
Lip Lock13 of 22
Sometimes all it takes to feel dressed up is a red lip. Even if Anne Hathaway had no eye makeup on, she'd still look ready for the cameras ... and the afterparty.
Hey, Batter14 of 22
The Kardashians are known for many things, one of which is extraordinary lashes. Now there are almost certainly some fakes added in there, but wow, does Kim look flirty and fabulous.
Bubble Yum15 of 22
So maybe red's not your thing, but what about a poppy pink à la Katy Perry at the American Music Awards? Paired with a sultry eye, there's nothing teenybopper about them.
Neutral Gear16 of 22
Sticking with a neutral palette (and a touch of bronzer) creates a really polished effect. And we definitely prefer a polished Jessica Simpson.
In Your Eyes17 of 22
When you wear your hair pulled back in a super-sleek bun like Jessica Alba's, it's the perfect opportunity to go all out on your eyes. Follow her lead and mix some brown tones in with your standard gray/black smoky shadows.
Skin Is In18 of 22
It often gets forgotten in a sea of eyes and lips when you're talking party makeup, but gorgeous skin is really the key to any look. Halle Berry's is pure perfection. Even if yours isn't, a good primer and a tinted moisturizer go a long way.
Line Up19 of 22
We already saw a subtle, dewy Gwyneth earlier, but we loved this look so much we had to include her twice. Lining the inner rims of your lower lids is one of our favorite instant makeup tricks. It's one of our favorite go-to's when we're getting ready in a rush.
Silver Bells20 of 22
If, like Reese Witherspoon, you don't wear loads of makeup in your day-to-day life, a dash of shimmery silver in the inner corners of your eyes is an easy way to take things up just a notch during holiday party season.
Rosy Glow21 of 22
Katie Holmes very smartly played off the pink tones in her pretty printed dress when picking out her blush and lipstick. They complement each other perfectly without one overwhelming the other.
Yellow Fever22 of 22
Do not fear yellow-gold eye shadow, especially if you have golden-toned skin like Rihanna. We never would have thought to pair it with a green liner in the inner rim of the upper lids, but we must say it's pretty genius.