Hot Summer Nail Shades
- Next1 of 9Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of Hard Candy
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of Essie
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of OPI
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 9Courtesy of Lancôme
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 9Courtesy of Maybelline
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of MAC
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 9Courtesy of Essie
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 9Courtesy of Chanel
- Hot Summer Nail Shades10 ways to look younger right now
- Summer beauty rules to break today
- Tried-and-true self-tanners
- Finger flags: national-pride manis
- Fast-forward to fab: smart beauty shortcuts
- The 13 Best Tinted Moisturizers
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- Simple DIY beauty projects to try right now
- Tricks that make your face look thinner
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The best new hair-removal products and tools
- 7 quick fixes for summer beauty emergencies
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- The sexiest scents to spritz right now
- Celebs' summer bobs are easy, loose and sexy
- The 17 absolute best concealers
Perfect Polish1 of 9
By Abby Gardner
We love summer for many reasons. One of the biggest? We finally can get really playful with our nails. This season's polish shades do not disappoint — with everything from green to hot pink to the purple everyone will be wearing very, very soon.
Sunshine Daydream2 of 9
Even if this bright shade feels like too much for your fingers, try it to make your toes pop.
SHOP NOW: Hard Candy Just Nails Nail Polish in Yellow, $5
New Neutral3 of 9
We think this pale purple gives an updated twist to the greige trend from spring. And you'll never feel out of place at the office in this shade.
SHOP NOW: Essie Nail Polish in Miss Matched, $8
Pastel Perfection4 of 9
Pale blues are back, ladies — from this OPI shade to Chanel's resort runway. We think it's light and playful, without being the least bit tacky.
SHOP NOW: OPI Nail Lacquer in What's with the Cattitude?, $8
Pop Art5 of 9
Hot pink is a summer nail polish staple, as far as we're concerned. It goes in the beauty classics category with red lips and smoky eyes — timeless and chic.
SHOP NOW: Lancôme Le Vernis Divine in Miss Perfectly Pink, $18
Blue Jean Baby6 of 9
Perhaps pastels aren't really your bag, so why not try a deeper shade of blue? There's no rule that states warm weather polish has to be light and bright.
SHOP NOW: Maybelline Express Finish Nail Polish in Denim Dash, $3
The Dark Side7 of 9
Even darker still is this MAC polish from its collaboration with clothing line Alice + Olivia. We love that it's moody, but not sullen (which, frankly, could describe us some days).
SHOP NOW: MAC Nail Lacquer in Military, $12 (available July 8)
Green Thumb8 of 9
Stay with us here — we're guessing that grass-green probably isn't your go-to color for beauty products. But your manis and pedis are all about experimenting, and this shade just screams outdoor fun to us.
SHOP NOW: Essie Nail Polish in Pretty Edgy, $8
ON ELLE: More Summer Nail Trends
The Next Big Thing9 of 9
When Chanel unveils a new polish, the world pays attention and then buys up every bottle. (Their early summer shades are already on eBay!) Well, this is their latest creation to be released in July. We suggest getting in line now.
SHOP NOW: Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color in Paradoxal, $23
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds