Get a perfect, plump pout—not "fish lips"
- Next1 of 6Thinkstock
- Previous Next2 of 6Thinkstock
- Previous Next3 of 6Thinkstock
- Previous Next4 of 6Courtesy of Woman's Day
- Previous Next5 of 6Courtesy of Woman's Day
- Previous Next6 of 6Courtesy of Woman's Day
- Get a perfect, plump pout—not "fish lips"Beauty Home Remedies That Work Wonders
- Spring's sexiest new nail polish trends
- 9 styling tricks to make you look taller
- 10 prettiest colors for spring
- 13 Cheap & Fast Ways To Look Red Carpet Ready
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 11 Rising Stars Who Are Future Beauty Icons
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- 10 Pretty Ways To Wear The Season's Hot Shade
- 10 Slimming Hair Tricks To Ask Your Stylist For
- 21 stylish spring booties for $250 or less
- The top 7 new short haircuts to try now
- The best figure-flattering shorts
- How to Look Good on a Webcam
- 11 Best New Acne-Fighting Products
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- How to Apply Eye Shadow for Every Eye Shape
- The Perfect Smoky Eyes for Red Lips
- 10 Breakthrough Beauty Ingredients To Try
Plump Your Pout1 of 6
Of course we all want luscious lips, but soon after our teens, collagen loss can cause lips to thin. "Collagen breakdown begins to break down in your 20s and speeds up in your mid-30s and beyond," says Dennis Gross, M.D., dermatologist and creator of Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare. Sun exposure and smoking further accelerate the process, but you can reverse it. Pick up tips from the pros on how to keep your lips looking full and kissable.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 75 Timeless Beauty Tips
The Doctor's Advice2 of 6
To help stimulate collagen, apply products that contain peptides as well as ones that moisturize. "Your lips don't have oil glands and are prone to dryness, which highlights thin lips," explains Dr. Gross. Apply a lip balm made with vitamin E or shea butter to fight off dryness. Opt for one that also has SPF 15 or higher to limit sun damage and reapply throughout the day. Finish with a swipe of lipstick that's formulated with peptides.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 7 Tummy Toning Exercises
A Makeup Artist's Tip3 of 6
"The quickest way to full lips is to use a plumping lip gloss," says celebrity makeup artist Kimara Ahnert. They contain ingredients like mint or cinnamon to stimulate blood vessels and cause lips to swell. You'll notice a light tingle after applying—this means it's working. Look for one with shimmer to reflect light away from fine lines.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Hairstyles That Make You Look Younger
Soothe Your Smile4 of 6
This beauty must-have contains hydrating ingredients—like shea butter—that your lips crave. The SPF also helps to prevent future damage.
SHOP NOW: Aquaphor Lip Repair + Protect SPF 30, $5
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Foolproof Ways to Get in the Mood
Color and Care5 of 6
Packed with peptides and retinol to fight fine lines, this lipstick will make your kisser look prettier right away and will improve its look over time. It's also available in ten gorgeous shades.
SHOP NOW: Avon Beyond Color Plumping Lip Color SPF 15, $6
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 8 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
Great Gloss6 of 6
Harness the power of nature for your pout. Essences of cinnamon and peppermint work together to swell lips.
SHOP NOW: Sally Hansen Lip Inflation, $7
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds