How Well Will You Age?
Wrinkles aren't the only indicators of age—here are more ways your face reveals your true birthday
- Courtesy of Elle
Just as the eyes are the windows to the soul, your facial features can forecast if you're predisposed to age well. Skin-care experts say these visible signs combined with lifestyle choices and an understanding of your genetic makeup can give a surprisingly accurate reading of how Mother Nature's hands will shape and transform your face over time.
The first facial asset you can hope to be blessed with: a round or heart-shaped visage, versus a long, thin one that is more prone to fat loss. Though you may have cursed its fuller appearance growing up, facial skin that has an increased number of fat cells maintains a youthful look longer.
RELATED ON ELLE: 25 things every woman should know
Prominent cheekbones are also considered golden. "If you're blessed with nice high cheekbones, you definitely hit the jackpot," says celebrity aesthetician Renée Rouleau. "Your cheeks won't sag as much over time because they're lifted and supported by the cheekbones."
More On MSN
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios