Sorry, Chic Ain't Effortless
How Putting in Extra Grooming Time Helped This New Mom Look Fabulous
- Photo courtesy of the author
Bangs. For years, I flirted with the idea of them. My thick, coarse, shoulder-length waves—a mainstay for over a decade—felt so uninspired. With bangs, I could be a capering Audrey Hepburn one day and a rebellious, sneering Chrissie Hynde the next.
"But they're so much work," one friend said. "You'll regret it. And they take forever to grow out," another warned. Put that way, it sounded like a difficult marriage followed by a bitter divorce.
So, I tabled the bangs.
After all, who has time to wrestle with her hair every morning? Not this working mom, who awakes with a halo of frizz to a hungry toddler. Bangs, in my opinion, were for single 20-somethings and celebrities. In essence, they belonged to those who would choose their flat irons over their vibrators. Or toasters. I couldn't live without toast and butter on a Sunday morning.
More On MSN
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Win $3,500 Worth of Gifts
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway