Sorry, Chic Ain't Effortless
How Putting in Extra Grooming Time Helped This New Mom Look Fabulous
"Quite often, I speak with women who expect to spend no time on their hair each morning and still look great," Andre Walker, Oprah's longtime hairstylist. "That is not realistic!"
He says that the key to low-maintenance styling is to accept your natural hair texture and get a cut that suits it. So instead of straightening unruly curls into submission, find a way to work with them. Walker adds that any woman who wants a more polished, salon look should expect to work for it—for up to 30 minutes in the morning.
According to a recent survey of 2,000 women by a British skincare company, females spend 39 minutes getting ready on Monday morning. Mascara? Check. Concealer? Of course. Interestingly, by Wednesday, almost half of those surveyed admitted to not "making an effort" and subsequently devote at least ten minutes less to the task. A third of the women—mostly mothers—surveyed believed that women without kids have more time to groom.
More On MSN
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds