Is Your Hair Aging You?
- Next1 of 19Jim Spellman/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 19Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 19PAPSFIRST/Splash News
- Previous Next4 of 19Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next5 of 19Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next6 of 19Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next7 of 19Tony Barson/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 19Henry S. Dziekan III/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 19D Dipasupil/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 19Jesse Grant/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 19Fernando Leon/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 19Francois Durand/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 19Amanda Edwards/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 19Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 19Jim Spellman/WireImage
- Previous Next16 of 19Araya Diaz/FilmMagic
- Previous Next17 of 19Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next18 of 19Noel Vasquez/Getty Images
- Previous Next19 of 19Jean Baptiste Lacroix/FilmMagic
Tressed For Success1 of 19
When it comes to your hair, the right cut and color can subtract years from your appearance. Unfortunately, the wrong 'do does just the opposite. See if you can guess how old these stars are based on their hair alone, plus get Glo's beauty advice on how to style your hair young.
Scared Stiff2 of 19
Step away from the hairspray. A few loosened strands would have helped this formal updo look more natural and modern.
Up-Don't3 of 19
Another case of over-coiffing, this nighttime style can make any woman look matronly.
Instant Update4 of 19
If the preceding pic is an up-don't, then this is an up-do thanks to its effortless feel.
Curl Cure5 of 19
Tight curls can look gorgeous when they're full and healthy, but droopy ringlets with scraggly ends need a trim, plus a deep-conditioning pick-me-up.
Red Alert6 of 19
The danger with dying your hair red is that the shade can often look artificial, which is fine if you're going for a look that's playful, but the hue loses its youthful edge when you opt for a style that's a bit serious.
Short Stuff7 of 19
Normally we're leery of close-cropped hair with exaggerated body on top, but in this case, it works, thanks to a 'do that's dramatic and fun, but not too perfect.
Aging Gracefully8 of 19
A silvery white hue looks sophisticated and regal when it's styled in a modern way.
Golden Girl9 of 19
Going from ashy gray to sunny blond can brighten your whole face.
Blond Ambition10 of 19
Natural blondes tend to go gray later than brunettes do, but years of highlighting can take their toll. We hear this celeb uses sweet almond oil to keep her hair hydrated.
Long Gone11 of 19
No matter how old you are, hair needs regular trims to look its best. (What we wouldn't do for a pair of scissors right now.)
Great Lengths12 of 19
Look closely. Closer. You may spy a gray hair or two in this pic, but it blends in beautifully with a chestnut brown mane.
Search: Who is her famous husband?
Curl Power13 of 19
Turning a certain age doesn't mean you have to lop your hair off. But it is a good idea to boost its body with loose waves that curl away from the face.
Pony Up14 of 19
A high, sleek pony is always chic. (Plus, it helps open up your eyes and give cheekbones an extra lift.)
Easy Breezy15 of 19
A wash-and-go style is both practical and pretty. Add a dollop of curl-enhancing cream to wet hair and simply let it dry naturally.
Spray Control16 of 19
Yes, hair loses its fullness as we age, but adding volume with too much hairspray can make things worse. Instead, ask for a cut with short, choppy layers to create the illusion of fullness.
Does Not Gel17 of 19
OD'ing on product can make hair piece-y and appear thinner than it actually is.
Salt & Pepper18 of 19
We worship at the altar of a man's graying temples. There's just something mature and sexy about a little silver.
Search: Check out his upcoming movie.
It's A Pattern19 of 19
One thing the fairer sex was spared: male pattern baldness. When a man's hairline looks like an M, it's best to wear it short. Very, very short.
NEXT GALLERY: Are you dressing for your body type?
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds