Lighten Up Your Summer Beauty Routine
- Next1 of 7Cheyenne Ellis
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 7Courtesy of Kiehl's
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 7Courtesy of Tarte
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 7Courtesy of CoverGirl
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 7Courtesy of Bobbi Brown
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 7Courtesy of Garnier
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 7Courtesy of Stella McCartney
- Lighten Up Your Summer Beauty RoutineSummer beauty rules to break today
- Tried-and-true self-tanners
- Finger flags: national-pride manis
- Tricks that make your face look thinner
- The 13 Best Tinted Moisturizers
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- 7 quick fixes for summer beauty emergencies
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- Simple DIY beauty projects to try right now
- The sexiest scents to spritz right now
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The best new hair-removal products and tools
- Fast-forward to fab: smart beauty shortcuts
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Celebs' summer bobs are easy, loose and sexy
- The 17 absolute best concealers
- Dancing With the Stars pros' top looks
Heat Wave1 of 7
By Abby Gardner
Summertime and the livin' is easy ... or at least it should be. Don't bog yourself down with a million beauty products every morning. The whole point is to cut down on layers, once the temperatures rise.
Tinted Moisturizer2 of 7
During dry, winter months, your skin needs a heavier cream to rehydrate and protect against the harsh conditions. But, come summer, try a tinted moisturizer (with SPF, of course!) Fewer layers on your skin, with the same glowing end results? Yes, please.
SHOP NOW: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15, $24.50
Cheek Stain3 of 7
There's nothing less attractive on a hot, humid day than seeing your makeup melt right off your face. Enter one of our all-time favorite products, Tarte's Cheek Stain. Put it on in the morning, and you won't have to think about your blush for the rest of the day.
SHOP NOW: Tarte Cheek Stain, $30
Waterproof Mascara4 of 7
Another makeup meltdown you want to avoid is the dreaded raccoon eye, caused by mascara with a mind of its own. Try a waterproof formula that will stay put when you sweat, and you won't have to reapply layer after layer throughout the day.
SHOP NOW: CoverGirl LashBlast Length Waterproof Mascara, $9
Protective Lipstick5 of 7
As with fashion, when it comes to our summer beauty routine, we're all about ditching weighty items. But we still love to wear color on our lips. This new Bobbi Brown lipstick comes in 12 shades, moisturizes and has SPF to protect the delicate skin on the lips.
SHOP NOW: Bobbi Brown Treatment Lip Shine SPF 15, $22
Lighter Locks6 of 7
There's no better time than the beginning of summer to literally lighten up your hair. Plus, Garnier's HerbaShine only takes ten minutes! You could even color your hair before work in the morning.
SHOP NOW: Garnier HerbaShine, $8
Sheer Scents7 of 7
Super-heavy perfumes have no place in the summer months, as far as we're concerned. Apparently designer Stella McCartney agrees. She's just launched a lighter version of her cult-favorite namesake scent, Stella, infused with organic rose, green apple and lemon.
SHOP NOW: Stella McCartney Sheer Stella, $62
- A Cancerian's guide to life, love & style
- My Body Changed—and How I Learned to Style It
- Playing the Kim & Kanye Baby Name Game
- Designer decor for a steal
- 7 worst texts a guy can send—or not send
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Summer beauty rules to break today