Make It Last
Clever ways to extend the life of beauty treatments
- Photosindia/Getty Images
Tired of shelling out for hair color or a manicure, only to have it fade or chip far too soon? Try these tips to squeeze every penny's worth out of beauty treatments.
The Treatment: Brow Shaping
Grow them out. Don't wax or tweeze for three to four weeks before having your brows shaped. This gives you (or your esthetician) more hairs to work with, so you'll get the best possible brow shape and won't be dealing with pesky stragglers in a week.
Exfoliate. Use a gentle exfoliating cleanser on the brow area to remove dead skin cells ahead of time. They may be holding back small hairs, which could then be missed during waxing or tweezing—leading them to pop out soon afterward.
Downplay regrowth. Fill in your eyebrows with a brow pencil, which will give them more definition and draw attention away from stray hairs that are growing back. One to try: Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Shape Brow Pencil. It has a built-in grooming brush to blend in color for a flawless finish.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 8 Bizarre Beauty Tricks
More On MSN
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
- 10 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Lorde's Makeup Collaboration
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- Designers Reveal Their Guilty Decor Pleasures
- 10 Ways To Refresh Your White Button-Down
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds