Make It Last
Clever ways to extend the life of beauty treatments
The Treatment: Manicure
Keep your nails dry. Don't let the manicurist soak your hands. Water causes nails to swell; when they are painted, the polish is more prone to cracking as they dry and contract.
Use a buffer. This tool removes ridges, creating a smooth surface that polish can adhere to easily, so make sure your manicurist buffs your nails. When doing your own, before polishing, clean them with a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol, then buff.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Things Husbands Should Never Do
Fortify your tips. After polishing, apply a top coat to just the tips, which chip first. Let dry, and then cover the entire nail. For a strong finish, brush on LCN Polish Seal, and then hold nails under a 60-watt bulb for three minutes.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Ways to Reinvent Your Look
More On MSN
- 10 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 resolutions that are doomed to fail
- Ex-Boyfriend Revenge Kit for $1,850
- Find The Perfect Holiday Beauty Gift For Mom
- 10 Crazy Christmas Houses
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway