Make It Last
Clever ways to extend the life of beauty treatments
The Treatment: Hair Color
Use a clarifying shampoo. The day before you color, wash your hair with a clarifier to remove the mineral buildup that hard water leaves behind. Otherwise, your color will oxidize, making it look brassy and fade faster.
Let it set. After coloring, wait 24 to 48 hours before shampooing. This gives the color time to be absorbed so it doesn't get rinsed away.
Apply a hair mask. Coloring hair can dry it out. To boost shine—and liven up color in the process—use a weekly moisturizing hair mask. Tresemmé Nourishing Rituals Rejuvenating Mud Masque is formulated with wildflower honey to restore moisture and add vibrancy.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 8 Home Remedies That Actually Work
More On MSN
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Win $3,500 Worth of Gifts
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway