Make It Last
Clever ways to extend the life of beauty treatments
The Treatment: Self-Tanning
Avoid shaving cream. Most types contain moisturizing oils that can block pores, preventing tanning products from penetrating your skin. Instead, on the day you plan to apply tanner, shave with an oil-free body wash worked into a lather. Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash Pink Grapefruit is oil-free and contains salicylic acid, which gently exfoliates, too.
Tan in the AM. Self-tanner needs six to eight hours to develop fully. Applied at night, it could rub off on your sheets. Put it on in the morning instead and wear loose clothing for the rest of the day.
Rinse off after a swim. Chlorine can break down the pigments in tanning products. Get it off your skin post-pool by rinsing your body with fresh water.
To continue reading, visit Woman's Day
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Things Men Wish Women Knew About Sex
More On MSN
- 10 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 resolutions that are doomed to fail
- Ex-Boyfriend Revenge Kit for $1,850
- Find The Perfect Holiday Beauty Gift For Mom
- 10 Crazy Christmas Houses
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway