The Best Makeup Combinations
- Next1 of 6Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next2 of 6Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next3 of 6Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next4 of 6Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next5 of 6Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next6 of 6Courtesy of ELLE
- The Best Makeup CombinationsFROM ELLE: Beauty Secrets Around The World
- the september elle cover shoot
- The August Elle Cover Shoot
- Go Behind The Scenes For the ELLE July Cover Shoot
- The best new hair-removal products and tools
- Fast-forward to fab: smart beauty shortcuts
- The 13 Best Tinted Moisturizers
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- Behind The Scenes: ELLE Covershoot
- 25 Years of Beauty Trends
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- 7 quick fixes for summer beauty emergencies
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- Simple DIY beauty projects to try right now
- The sexiest scents to spritz right now
- Celebs' summer bobs are easy, loose and sexy
Instant Radiance1 of 6
Jay-Z and Beyoncé, Justin and Selena… cocoa butter and foundation? Makeup artists reveal the hot new couples: product duos that prove two is better than one.—ELLE
"When I mix a touch of Chanel Illusion D’Ombre gel shadow in Fantasme with Weleda Skin Food, it's magic," says makeup artist Romy Soleimani. The concoction is a highlighter perfect for tapping on cheekbones, brow bones and lids. Soleimani prefers this over conventional illuminators. "The cream creates a sheer texture, and it's not makeupy," she says.
Lovely Lip Stain2 of 6
For a just-bitten lip shade that's universally flattering, makeup artist Hilda Levierge pairs Nars Lip Gloss in Dolce Vita with C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve and applies with a lip brush. "The salve moisturizes and plumps lips and also cuts down on the shine from the gloss," Levierge says. The result is a pretty—not sticky—pink lip.
Dark-Circle Blaster3 of 6
Too much champagne, not enough sleep? When makeup artist Jeffrey Paul needs to mask dark undereye circles, he reaches for YSL Teint Radiance foundation and Kevyn Aucoin's The Sensual Skin Enhancer concealer, mixing a dab of each on the back of his hand and patting under the eyes. The bespoke formula gives full coverage and is brightening—not opaque or cakey—thanks to the light-diffusing foundation. "The combo is my secret to a flawless face," Paul says.
Foundation Fix4 of 6
Buh-bye, redness, pores, and uneven tone. Fake an airbrushed complexion with makeup artist Alexis Brazel's "must-do": Diorskin Forever Foundation mixed with Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer. The alchemy of the tinted moisturizer's light luminescence with the long-wearing foundation creates the illusion of "perfected, poreless skin," says Brazel, who uses this trick on set for TV commercials.
Smoky Eye Secret5 of 6
Transform liner in a flash. "A dab of Maybelline Lash Discovery in Very Black blended with Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner makes the liner instantly smudgeproof," says Paul, who combines the two on the lid of the liner pot and applies with an ultrathin eyeliner brush. Added bonus: "It lasts through tears," Paul says. Brides, take note.
5-Second Leg Makeover6 of 6
"For sexy, shimmering legs, mix Palmer's Cocoa Butter in the palm of your hand with a few drops of M.A.C Face and Body Foundation two shades darker than your natural tone," Levierge says. The pairing masks flaws and makes legs look long and lean without the orange streaks, telltale scent, and waiting time of self-tanner (but don't worry, the waterproof foundation won't transfer onto clothes).
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios