Making the Cut
- Next1 of 22Michelle Williams: Eamonn McCormack/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 22Hulton Archive/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 22Chris Wolf/FilmMagic
- Previous Next4 of 22Joe Kohen/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 22Gina James/Graylock.com/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next6 of 22Andy Sheppard/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 22Eamonn McCormack/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 22Hulton Archive/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 22Tracey Renee/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next10 of 22Scott Kirkland/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next11 of 22Gina James / Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next12 of 22Popperfoto/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 22Gina James/Graylock.com/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next14 of 22Reg Birkett/Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 22R. Stonehouse/CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next16 of 22Soul Brother/FilmMagic
- Previous Next17 of 22Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next18 of 22Michael_Homann / interTOPICS / Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next19 of 22Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next20 of 22TRAPPER FRANK/CORBIS SYGMA
- Previous Next21 of 22Marcel Thomas/FilmMagic
- Previous Next22 of 22Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Making the CutJennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The ultimate guide to perfect foundation
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- A beauty cheat sheet for allergy season
- Get Party-Ready Makeup in 5 Minutes or Less
- The shockingly cool history of hair removal
- Stars' unexpected '80s hairstyles
- Spring's sexiest new nail polish trends
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
- The freshest new manis to try right now
- Mother-daughter beauty treats
- Look fresh, sexy & fun at your next pool party
- Read this before trying the neon makeup trend
- 8 wacky must-see beauty gadgets
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Runway beauty from Mumbai, Moscow & more
- Get a perfect, plump pout—not "fish lips"
- How to master the ultimate at-home blowout
Short Story1 of 22
With so many celebrities chopping off their long, flowing locks in exchange for cropped pixie 'dos, we thought it was the perfect time to look back at some of the best short haircuts of all time. You might just be inspired to make a big change yourself.
Mia Farrow2 of 22
By Abby Gardner
Mia Farrow, circa Rosemary's Baby, has one of the most iconic cuts of all time. Oh, how it frames those sweet doe-like eyes.
Victoria Beckham3 of 22
Though she came to fame as long-haired Posh Spice, Victoria Beckham's angular features are much better suited to a shorter style.
Rihanna4 of 22
The pop star changes her hair almost daily at this point. But we'll always love this asymmetrical, natural-colored style.
Natalie Portman5 of 22
In perhaps the most graceful grow-out ever (she shaved her head for a film role), Natalie Portman looks stunning with a shorn 'do.
Pink6 of 22
Now this short cut (with a mohawk twist) might not be for everyone. But it definitely works for a tough rocker like Pink.
Michelle Williams7 of 22
The former Dawson's Creek actress has become quite the beauty icon in the past few years. Her super-blond cut of late even has me pondering a trip to the salon.
Edie Sedgwick8 of 22
1960's "It Girl" Edie Sedgwick was often found at Andy Warhol's "The Factory" sporting a sufficiently chic, downtown version of the pixie cut.
Sienna Miller9 of 22
Sienna played Edie in Factory Girl and never has her hair looked more adorable than when she was growing it out after filming. Might that be the coolest bowl cut ever?
Carey Mulligan10 of 22
Carey definitely brought back a modern version of Mia Farrow's cut. And we couldn't be happier about it.
Agyness Deyn11 of 22
Aggy's always been a short-hair girl. (She even shaved her head recently.) But this combed-forward, platinum style is a stand-out.
Twiggy12 of 22
The '60s were rife with pixie cuts. Many of them were thanks to the rise of iconic British model Twiggy and her signature look.
Kirsten Dunst13 of 22
Kirsten's cherubic face looks even more angelic with her hair cropped. And we love that she's still embracing layers.
Audrey Hepburn14 of 22
Audrey is perhaps the definitive pixie with her elfin beauty and short hairstyle. This style is yet another to add to the list of most iconic looks ever.
Keira Knightley15 of 22
I usually think of Keira in her period costumes with longer, curled hair. But this edgy cut looks amazing on her too.
Katie Holmes16 of 22
Cutting off all her hair is definitely a way to make a statement. I think Katie was trying to tell the world she was all grown up. It certainly made her look a bit more mature.
Hilary Swank17 of 22
The Oscar winner just has one of those faces that looks better with short hair. I don't know that I've ever liked a style of hers more than this choppy one.
Halle Berry18 of 22
I wish I had the face to pull off this cut. Halle looks gorgeous, but like she spent no time getting that way.
Linda Evangelista19 of 22
As a supermodel, Linda's always been known for her chameleon-like beauty. And she often wears her hair shorter than her counterparts like Cindy Crawford and Naomi Campbell. But if you could pull this off, wouldn't you want to? I know I would.
Gwyneth Paltrow20 of 22
I think the world made a collective gasp when Gwyneth (then dating Brad Pitt) went short. Soon enough, girls were copying the look and accenting it with bobby pins.
Ellen DeGeneres21 of 22
Ellen's tussled 'do is incredibly, modern and chic. Yet it looks easygoing and fun, just like the lady herself.
Demi Moore22 of 22
Demi Moore is another actress who's not afraid to make dramatic changes to her hair. Of course, it helps to have a face that looks good with anything.
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- The best news we've heard all week
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer