- Next1 of 9Courtesy of Imaxtree/Cacharel Fall 2011
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of Scotch Naturals, Butter London & Chanel
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of Deborah Lippmann, Scotch Naturals & Nails Inc.
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of RGB, The Organic Pharmacy & OPI
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of Deborah Lippmann, The Organic Pharmacy & Nars
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of Sally Hansen, OPI & Target
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of Nutra Nails
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of IT Cosmetics
- Previous Next9 of 9Courtesy of Laqa & Co.
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 30-Something Models at Fashion Week
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 11 Rising Stars Who Are Future Beauty Icons
- How to Look Good on a Webcam
- 10 Pretty Ways To Wear The Season's Hot Shade
- 10 Slimming Hair Tricks To Ask Your Stylist For
- How to Apply Eye Shadow for Every Eye Shape
- How To Match Your Makeup To Your Outfit
- Dolce & Gabbana's Runway Beauty
- 13 Cheap & Fast Ways To Look Red Carpet Ready
- 11 Best New Acne-Fighting Products
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- The Perfect Smoky Eyes for Red Lips
- 10 Breakthrough Beauty Ingredients To Try
- Romantic Hair Ideas That Take 10 Minutes Or Less
Nailing It1 of 9
By Zoe Schaeffer
This fall, the traditional manicure is getting a makeover, with a slew of new hues, trends and tools. Glo shows you how to get a perfect ten.
Into The Blue2 of 9
Think of blue polish as you would blue jeans—it goes with everything. In addition to Chanel's trio of limited-edition blue hues (including Coco Blue, pictured), other lacquer brands are offering teals, ultra-shimmery finishes and more.
Gray Matter3 of 9
Lacquer guru Deborah Lippmann teamed up with designer Narciso Rodriguez to create a sophisticated granite color for fall 2011, thus securing gray's status as an "it" color for the season. "You know it's a hit when the models are grabbing the polish," she says.
Neutral Territory4 of 9
Nude hues, step aside. According to OPI artistic director Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, the must-have neutrals right now are dark taupes, olive greens and earthy khakis.
SHOP THE TREND: RGB Nail Polish in Camp, $16; The Organic Pharmacy Organic Glam Nail Polish in Latte, $17; OPI in A-Taupe the Space Needle, $6
Gold Rush5 of 9
Add some sparkle to your look with playful gold polishes. "They're gorgeous in all different textures and finishes—everything from a bold glitter to a modern micro-fine shimmer," says Lippmann.
SHOP THE TREND: Deborah Lippmann Collection in Boom Boom Pow, $20, The Organic Pharmacy Organic Glam Nail Polish in Gold, $17; Nars in Desperado, $17
Red Alert6 of 9
Not ready to go for intense red on your lips? Paint it on your nails instead, for a safe way to try the crimson trend.
Fast Track7 of 9
You can now skip the salon visit and get a long-lasting, fast-drying gel mani at home with this UV-free treatment. The gel color and activator system are dry and ready for action in less than five minutes.
SHOP NOW: Nutra Nail Gel Perfect, $12
Pen Pal8 of 9
Go bare with this nail and cuticle treatment. The soothing formula strengthens and conditions for digits that look polished, without the polish.
SHOP NOW: IT Cosmetics Nail Love Pen, $12
Take It Off9 of 9
These little pads make excellent travel companions when it comes to on-the-go polish removal. Vanilla-scented and highly moisturizing, they are a "must" for keeping nails in tip-top shape.
SHOP NOW: LAQA & Co. Nail Polish Remover Pads, $6