Holiday's Best Nail Shades
- Next1 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 11Courtesy of Sally Hansen
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 11Courtesy of Nars
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 11Courtesy of Nars
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 11Courtesy of Estée Lauder
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of OPI
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 11Courtesy of Butter
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Borghese
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 11Courtesy of Sante
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 11Courtesy of MAC
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 11Courtesy of Rescue Beauty Lounge
- Holiday's Best Nail ShadesJennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The ultimate guide to perfect foundation
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- A beauty cheat sheet for allergy season
- Get Party-Ready Makeup in 5 Minutes or Less
- The shockingly cool history of hair removal
- Stars' unexpected '80s hairstyles
- Spring's sexiest new nail polish trends
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
- The freshest new manis to try right now
- Mother-daughter beauty treats
- Look fresh, sexy & fun at your next pool party
- Read this before trying the neon makeup trend
- 8 wacky must-see beauty gadgets
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Runway beauty from Mumbai, Moscow & more
- Get a perfect, plump pout—not "fish lips"
- How to master the ultimate at-home blowout
Nailing It1 of 11
By Zoe Schaeffer
Add some spice to your holiday look with polishes that will make a style statement. Now is the time to break out new some shades, whether it’s with a subtle shimmer or an all-out glitterfest. Just think of your hands as a fabulous accessory to that glass of champagne.
Neutral Territory2 of 11
When a neutral tone gets amped up in metallic, there’s no stopping the outfit options. Bright shots of color will tone down hands, while earthy tones will let them really shine.
SHOP NOW: Sally Hansen Nail Polish in Sequin Scandal, $7
Welcome Matte3 of 11
Matte is back in a big way. When shimmer just isn’t your scene, go for a lusterless (but sophisticated) finish. We adore these gorgeous shades (this slide and the next), which look best on short, round nails.
SHOP NOW: Nars Nail Polish in Pokerface, $16
Even More Matte4 of 11
And our other darker favorite from Nars is just as chic.
SHOP NOW: Nars Nail Polish in Bad Influence, $16
Bit of Twinkle5 of 11
A hint of sparkle added to purple and tan (which we consider nail wardrobe staples) adds a playful note to your go-to flirty frock.
SHOP NOW: Estée Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Extravagant Night and Extravagant Pearl, $18 each
Purple Reign6 of 11
Deep plum (now a classic shade) is like an LBD for your nails. It flatters all skin tones and goes with everything. Now if we could just figure out the outfit part (wink).
SHOP NOW: OPI Nail Polish in Teasy Does It, $8.50
Lady in Red7 of 11
OK, so we can’t rule out red entirely. Not only do we love this chic British brand, but we adore this crimson metallic just the same.
SHOP NOW: Butter London Nail Polish in Knees Up!, $14
Black Out8 of 11
A black polish with silver chunks should be saved for your biggest holiday blowout. When else can you get away with such festive fingers?
SHOP NOW: Borghese Nail Polish in Nero Magico, $8
Golden State9 of 11
Who doesn’t want a touch of gold at some point during the holidays? Like delicate vintage jewelry, the nail shade will add a bit of class without trying too hard to impress. Go easy on the matching accessories and you’ll be a star.
SHOP NOW: Sante Nail Polish in Metallic Gold, $15
Brown University10 of 11
A little touch of goth never hurt during the holidays. Now is the time to get daring in deep, rich shades. And doesn’t a bit of sparkle somehow feel perfectly appropriate?
SHOP NOW: MAC Nail Polish in Style Clan, $13
Get Glitzy11 of 11
Though this glittery polish is part of the brand’s permanent collection, we couldn’t help but add it to the mix. This gunmetal shade is like little disco balls for your hands, with which you’re destined for a wild night out.
SHOP NOW: Rescue Beauty Lounge Nail Polish in Frugalista, $18