Perfect Pairs: Products That Work as a Team
- Next1 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next2 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next3 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next4 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next5 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next6 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next7 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next8 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Perfect Pairs: Products That Work as a TeamWhat Dermatologists Don't Want You To Know
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- Best Celeb Locks of the Moment
- 10 Things Waxers Won't Tell You
- 11 Best Holiday Beauty Bargains
- Copy 6 Hunger Games: Catching Fire Looks
- Beauty Products That Work While You Sleep
- 8 Celebs Who Look Radiant in The Winter
- 10 Celeb Beauty Secrets Revealed
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Cozy Finds
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should Know
- 10 Ways To Look Good In Every Photo
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Get Ready Faster
- Keep your glow well into winter with 5 switches
- How to Go Gray Gracefully
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
- Look Irresistible In Your Online Dating Profile
Beauty Power Couples1 of 8
You don't need a chemistry degree to master these cosmetic equations. Makeup artists reveal the recipes for their favorite beauty-product duos for achieving everything from a perfect smoky eye to the ultimate nude lip.
ON ELLE: 19 Skin-Saving Winter Foundations
Long-Wearing Smoky Eye2 of 8
NYC-based makeup artist Suzy Gerstein creates a smudgeproof smoky eye with Laura Mercier Crème Eye Color in Burnished Copper and Shiseido Cream Eyeliner in Brown. "After mixing, apply the combo with a small, fluffy shadow brush, circling the eye."
The Perfect Nude Lip3 of 8
For a neutral lip color that's never dull, Gerstein mixes a daub of Tom Ford Ultra Shine gloss in Lost Cherry with a pale, flesh-tone lipstick such as Nars Blonde Venus. "The red shine in the gloss prevents the beige from washing out skin."
Flawless Finish Foundation4 of 8
L.A.-based makeup artist Fiona Stiles prefers a bespoke base: She mixes a few drops of Jouer Luminizing tint into Armani Luminous Silk foundation. The combo creates a "covetable, fresh, sexy glow, while still masking redness and uneven tone."
The Prettiest Luminizer5 of 8
For a lit-from-within glow, Gerstein blends Chanel Ombre Essentielle eye shadow in Complice and Givenchy Mister Light concealer on the back of her hand. "Apply with a tiny brush under brows and on cheekbones."
Va-va-voom Lashes6 of 8
Stiles plumps lashes by layering mascara with any translucent loose powder. "Start with Lancôme Virtuôse, then sweep powder over the lashes with a shadow brush," she says. Finish with a second mascara coat.
Ultraglam Liner7 of 8
To add shine to his favorite metallic liner, Lancôme Liner Design Gel EyeLiner, NYC-based makeup artist Jordy Poon swirls it with a touch of Aquaphor before lining the eye. "It’s thicker than a gloss, so it won’t slide around the lid," he says.
A Super-Natural Flush8 of 8
To wake up a tired complexion, NYC makeup artist Andrew Sotomayor opts for YSL Crème de Blush in Fuchsia Temptation, mixed with a squirt of L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi foundation, to "sheer the blush and customize it to the skin tone."