Perfect Pairs: Products That Work as a Team
- Next1 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next2 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next3 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next4 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next5 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next6 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next7 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous Next8 of 8Courtesy of ELLE
- Perfect Pairs: Products That Work as a Teamfrom elle: how to wear rimmed eyes
- The top SPF-packed face products
- 8 things to do when you try on clothes
- ELLE's 2012 denim guide
- Look fresh, sexy & fun at your next pool party
- A beauty cheat sheet for allergy season
- Get Party-Ready Makeup in 5 Minutes or Less
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Stars' unexpected '80s hairstyles
- Spring's sexiest new nail polish trends
- Resident style: warm-weather looks
- 25 surprising new uses for everyday items
- Makeup Pros Reveal Their Top Tricks
- The shockingly cool history of hair removal
- Read this before trying the neon makeup trend
- 8 wacky must-see beauty gadgets
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
- Runway beauty from Mumbai, Moscow & more
- Get a perfect, plump pout—not "fish lips"
Beauty Power Couples1 of 8
You don't need a chemistry degree to master these cosmetic equations. Makeup artists reveal the recipes for their favorite beauty-product duos for achieving everything from a perfect smoky eye to the ultimate nude lip.
ON ELLE: 19 Skin-Saving Winter Foundations
Long-Wearing Smoky Eye2 of 8
NYC-based makeup artist Suzy Gerstein creates a smudgeproof smoky eye with Laura Mercier Crème Eye Color in Burnished Copper and Shiseido Cream Eyeliner in Brown. "After mixing, apply the combo with a small, fluffy shadow brush, circling the eye."
The Perfect Nude Lip3 of 8
For a neutral lip color that's never dull, Gerstein mixes a daub of Tom Ford Ultra Shine gloss in Lost Cherry with a pale, flesh-tone lipstick such as Nars Blonde Venus. "The red shine in the gloss prevents the beige from washing out skin."
Flawless Finish Foundation4 of 8
L.A.-based makeup artist Fiona Stiles prefers a bespoke base: She mixes a few drops of Jouer Luminizing tint into Armani Luminous Silk foundation. The combo creates a "covetable, fresh, sexy glow, while still masking redness and uneven tone."
The Prettiest Luminizer5 of 8
For a lit-from-within glow, Gerstein blends Chanel Ombre Essentielle eye shadow in Complice and Givenchy Mister Light concealer on the back of her hand. "Apply with a tiny brush under brows and on cheekbones."
Va-va-voom Lashes6 of 8
Stiles plumps lashes by layering mascara with any translucent loose powder. "Start with Lancôme Virtuôse, then sweep powder over the lashes with a shadow brush," she says. Finish with a second mascara coat.
Ultraglam Liner7 of 8
To add shine to his favorite metallic liner, Lancôme Liner Design Gel EyeLiner, NYC-based makeup artist Jordy Poon swirls it with a touch of Aquaphor before lining the eye. "It’s thicker than a gloss, so it won’t slide around the lid," he says.
A Super-Natural Flush8 of 8
To wake up a tired complexion, NYC makeup artist Andrew Sotomayor opts for YSL Crème de Blush in Fuchsia Temptation, mixed with a squirt of L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi foundation, to "sheer the blush and customize it to the skin tone."
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- The best news we've heard all week
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer