Pretty In Purple
- Next1 of 12Ruffian/Fall 2011; Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of Shiseido
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Dr. Hauschka
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of Josie Maran
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of MAC
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of Nails Inc.
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of L'Oréal
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of Yves Saint Laurent Beauty
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Aveda
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of Make Up For Ever
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of Lancôme
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of Giorgio Armani
Purple Reign1 of 12
By Shannan Rouss
Violet, mauve, amethyst, lavender, aubergine, lilac and plum—whatever name it goes by purple (in all its variations) is brightening up beauty routines this fall. See the prettiest shadows, glosses and more, plus get tips on how to wear the vibrant hue.
Shadow Of The Night2 of 12
Sultry-eyed models at the Narciso Rodriguez Fall 2011 runway show wore this lightweight cream color. Try it with blue-black liner—a perfect look for evening.
SHOP NOW: Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Cream Color in Purple Dawn, $25
Naturally Gorgeous3 of 12
The shadows in this eco-luxe palette contain silk powder and botanical extracts to help care for delicate lids. Dust the white along the brow bone and in the inner corners of eyes for a twinkly effect that balances out a deep purple lid.
SHOP NOW: Dr. Hauschka Lavender Dreams Eye Shadow Palette, $45
Double Duty4 of 12
This two-in-one find contains black gel liner on one side and amethyst shadow on the other. Combine the two to create a subtle, smoky eye.
SHOP NOW: Josie Maran Rapid Eye Makeup Pen in Amethyst/Black, $32
Staying Power5 of 12
If your shadow typically fades by the end of the day, then opt for MAC's Paint Pot in Hyperviolet, which adheres to lids without creasing. Try softly blending color around the entire eye (as you would with liner) for a shadowy effect.
SHOP NOW: MAC Posh Paradise Paint Pot in Hyperviolet, $18
Purple Haze6 of 12
Upgrade your mani with this new metallic polish. While nails are wet, use the magnetized cap to create swirling, psychedelic patterns. Groovy.
SHOP NOW: Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish in Houses of Parliament, $16
Glossed Over7 of 12
For a refreshing pop of color, snag one these new purple-hued glosses by L'Oréal. The brand's new lightweight formula leaves lips shiny, not sticky.
Cast A Spell8 of 12
YSL's Midnight Garden fall beauty collection includes this nourishing cream lipstick in Spellbinding Violet, a hue that's both mysterious and vibrant.
SHOP NOW: YSL Rouge Volupté Perle Lipstick in Spellbinding Violet, $34
Mint Condition9 of 12
When dry cold weather hits, this mint-enriched lip color will help soothe and hydrate a parched pout. Use your finger to press into lips for a stained effect.
SHOP NOW: Aveda Nourish-Mint Smoothing Lip Color in Tanzanite, $16
Get In Line10 of 12
We're obsessed with this kohl liner that goes on gently and blends easily. Try it with a neutral-hue matte shadow for a look that's office-appropriate.
SHOP NOW: Make Up for Ever Kohl Pencil in Pearly Black Purple, $17
In Control11 of 12
Want to create a sleek cat eye? This liquid pen has a foam tip that helps with precision and control. For a modern look, line the upper lid, apply mascara and skip the shadow.
SHOP NOW: Lancôme Artliner Precision Point EyeLiner in Aubergine, $29
Lashing Out12 of 12
Yes, you can wear purple mascara. This ultra-dark violet-tinted formula lengthens and thickens lashes for a dramatic look that's more fun than basic black.
SHOP NOW: Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Excess Mascara in Night Violet, $30
MORE ON GLO: Give your mani an at-home makeover
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- The best news we've heard all week
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer