Rockstar Hair and Makeup
- Next1 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next2 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next3 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next4 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next5 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next6 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next7 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next8 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next9 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next10 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next11 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next12 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next13 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next14 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next15 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next16 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next17 of 18Courtesy of Elle
- Previous Next18 of 18Courtesy of Elle
Rock On1 of 18
By Ashley Fodor for ELLE
It isn't easy to stay gorgeous—and cool, edgy, and, well, sweat-free—on the road, onstage, and everywhere in-between. Our favorite musicians, starting with 22-year-old newcomer Ke$ha, tell us how it's done.
Onstage Must2 of 18
The certified-gold singer (her album Animal surpassed 500,000 sales) uses Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Liner in Majorelle Blue "topped off with gloss" for her signature blue lips.
Off-Duty Staple3 of 18
The self-described "garbage chic" electropop sensation says, "I wear glitter every day because it's hot, shiny, and dangerous." She collects every shade of M.A.C Reflects Glitter.
Indulgence4 of 18
Ke$ha's high-performing haute-sudser, Tracie Martyn Amla Purifying Cleanser, "impressively gets all the glitter and makeup off in one step."
Skin Remedy5 of 18
"I use a lot of oils to keep my skin glowing," Ke$ha says. She favors the lightweight Josie Maran Argan Oil for a dose of vitamin E–rich hydration.
Strand Saver6 of 18
The blond bombshell wants her long hair "wild and fantastic, but healthy first and foremost." For extra TLC, she applies Moroccanoil Light Treatment from roots to tips.
Hayley Williams7 of 18
See how the Paramore singer keeps her beauty routine bright.
Onstage Must8 of 18
Off-Duty Staple9 of 18
"For a fresh look" in a flash, Williams applies Benefit Benetint Lip & Cheek Stain. The rosy insta-tint is ideal: "I’m usually running late," she admits.
Indulgence10 of 18
"Jane Iredale is the queen of mineral makeup!" Williams says. She stocks up on Iredale's tinted moisturizer "for everyday wear" and the brand's pressed powder for the stage.
Skin Remedy11 of 18
For "one-stop, amazing exfoliation," Éminence Organic Skin Care Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant strikes a chord with the punk-pop songstress, who uses the scrub at least twice a week.
Strand Saver12 of 18
Rye Rye13 of 18
She made the club beats of her hometown Baltimore a nationwide phenomenon. Now get her colorful hair and makeup picks.
Onstage Must14 of 18
Rye Rye insists on a "poppin' lip" in reds such as Dior Rouge Dior Lipstick in Ara Red.
Off-Duty Staple15 of 18
The confident, M.I.A.-mentored 20-year-old rapper says "cat eyes give me life." She lines and defines her lids with the Manic Panic Creature of the Night palette.
Indulgence16 of 18
For buildable coverage, Rye Rye wears Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation infused with milk-thistle extract. "It’s smooth and blends easily."
Skin Remedy17 of 18
Rye Rye is hooked on the three-step Proactiv Combination Therapy System. It yields a "consistently clear complexion I can rely on," she says.
Strand Saver18 of 18
For easy straightening onstage and off, Rye Rye's Conair Infiniti Flatiron "grabs every strand of hair, making the style as smooth as possible."
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
- 10 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Lorde's Makeup Collaboration
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- Designers Reveal Their Guilty Decor Pleasures
- 10 Ways To Refresh Your White Button-Down
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds