Polish to Perfection
- Next1 of 9Istockphoto
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of Scientific
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of H2O+
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of Jack Black
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of Jurlique
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of Thymes
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of Clarins
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of Ole Henriksen
- Previous Next9 of 9Courtesy of June Jacobs
- Polish to PerfectionTried-and-true self-tanners
- Finger flags: national-pride manis
- Tricks that make your face look thinner
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- 7 quick fixes for summer beauty emergencies
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- Simple DIY beauty projects to try right now
- The sexiest scents to spritz right now
- Celebs' summer bobs are easy, loose and sexy
- The best new hair-removal products and tools
- Fast-forward to fab: smart beauty shortcuts
- The 13 Best Tinted Moisturizers
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- The 17 absolute best concealers
- Dancing With the Stars pros' top looks
- The ultimate guide to perfect foundation
Smooth Skin Secrets1 of 9
By Emili Vesilind
Achieving a summertime glow takes more than a little bronzer. Regular exfoliation unveils new, radiant skin and helps prime it to soak up all those nutrient-rich properties in your skincare. Modern exfoliators are gentle, but more effective than ever — packing active ingredients that actually help resurface the outer layers of the skin. So get glowing already.
Smooth Skin Secrets2 of 9
Scientific’s clay-based White Bamboo Exfoliator helps minimize pores and balance excess oils — giving you that super-clean, just-left-the-spa feeling. Meanwhile, silicone-wrapped bamboo crystals gently resurface the top layers of the skin and help turn back the clock on environmental damage, via acai fruit extract, green and white tea and ferulic acid.
SHOP NOW: Scientific White Bamboo Exfoliator, $68
Smooth Skin Secrets3 of 9
Harnessing the exfoliating properties of the ocean, H2O Plus’ oil-free cleanser boasts skin-polishing marine algae that cuts through dead skin cells, dirt and sebum — accelerating cell turnover. Hydrating sea botanicals soften the skin post-scrub, maintaining that all-important moisture balance.
SHOP NOW: H2O Plus Face Oasis Dual Action Exfoliating Cleanser, $24
Smooth Skin Secrets4 of 9
Want a scrub you can share with your guy in the shower? Jack Black combines an age-old scrubber (Epsom salt) with sense-revitalizing eucalyptus, rosemary oils, moisturizing shea butter and glycerin to create a unisex body exfoliator that doubles as a rejuvenating muscle soak. Just don’t let him use it all.
SHOP NOW: Jack Black Body Rehab Scrub & Muscle Soak, $35
Smooth Skin Secrets5 of 9
Extracts of “super fruits” (desert peach, desert lime and acacia) — sustainably harvested in Australia — combined with powerful alpha hydroxy acids comprise the innovative mix of super-sloughers in Jurlique’s Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator. The result? Supple, baby-soft skin.
SHOP NOW: Jurlique Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator, $45
Smooth Skin Secrets6 of 9
Sugar can be good for you — when it’s used on the outside of your body, that is. Natural sugar crystals are the main ingredients in this Thymes’ scrub, which buffs away flakes and dryness while keeping skin hydrated with sunflower oil and vitamin E. On top of all that, it smells dreamy — a sumptuous blend of Italian tangerine, red currant, cyprus and musk.
SHOP NOW: Thymes Essentials Body Scrub, $36
Smooth Skin Secrets7 of 9
Microbeads do the heavy lifting in Clarins’ Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream, a brightening facial exfoliator that deep-cleans and smooths out the surface of the skin without stripping it of its essential oils. Key ingredient mimosa tenuiflora protects and hydrates.
SHOP NOW: Clarins Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream, $29
ON WONDERWALL: See The 10 Best Beach Bodies of 2010
Smooth Skin Secrets8 of 9
The ingredients in Ole Henriksen’s new Sugar Glow Face Scrub — African red tea, organic sugar, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin and sweet honey — are good enough to eat, but also double as potent skin rejuvenators, polishing away tired cells to reveal the bump-free skin you’ve been pining for.
SHOP NOW: Ole Henriksen Sugar Glow Face Scrub, $38
Smooth Skin Secrets9 of 9
This June Jacobs’ travel-friendly powder mows down dead skin cells with rice, bamboo, papain and salicylic acid (activated by warm water), and brightens using natural ingredients including lemon peel, bearberry root, mulberry root and licorice — leaving a dewy, covetable complexion behind.
SHOP NOW: June Jacobs Radiant Refining Exfoliating Powder, $52
- A Cancerian's guide to life, love & style
- My Body Changed—and How I Learned to Style It
- Playing the Kim & Kanye Baby Name Game
- Designer decor for a steal
- 7 worst texts a guy can send—or not send
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Summer beauty rules to break today