10 beauty tips for getting photo-ready
- Next1 of 11Michael Kors Spring 2013; Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Dr. Jart
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Laura Mercier
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Bobbi Brown
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Nars
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of MAC
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Nioxin
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Glo
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Tarte
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Nuance Salma Hayek
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Mark
- 10 beauty tips for getting photo-readyJennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The ultimate guide to perfect foundation
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- A beauty cheat sheet for allergy season
- Get Party-Ready Makeup in 5 Minutes or Less
- The shockingly cool history of hair removal
- Stars' unexpected '80s hairstyles
- Spring's sexiest new nail polish trends
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
- The freshest new manis to try right now
- Mother-daughter beauty treats
- Look fresh, sexy & fun at your next pool party
- Read this before trying the neon makeup trend
- 8 wacky must-see beauty gadgets
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Runway beauty from Mumbai, Moscow & more
- Get a perfect, plump pout—not "fish lips"
- How to master the ultimate at-home blowout
Tailored for Tagging1 of 11
By Brienne Walsh
These days, the holidays mean food, family, fun, and lots and lots of photographs on Facebook. Given that events don't exist anymore unless they appear on social media, we've put together a list of ten products that will keep you photo-ready at all times.
All-in-One2 of 11
The latest skincare craze from Asia to hit the Western markets, BB Cream is a "five-in-one" formula designed to treat, moisturize, prime, even out skin tone, and protect. Originally developed by a doctor in Germany to treat skin after surgical procedures, the cream not only refreshes skin, it also lessens the appearance of wrinkles, and completely covers up blemishes. In other words, ditch the foundation and replace it with BB Cream for the holiday season.
SHOP NOW: Dr. Jart BB Cream, $39
Lush Lashes3 of 11
Are you tempted to try fake lashes, but find them too cumbersome to apply? Or, if you do get them on, do you find that whenever you check yourself in the mirror, they’re peeling off on the corners? Fret no more about falsies. Laura Mercier’s Faux Lash Mascara gives lashes length and volume using a blend of waxes that can be applied with a single swipe. The best part? The effect lasts for up to ten hours.
SHOP NOW: Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara, $24
Snappy Shimmer4 of 11
The secret to standing apart from your show-off cousin in a family photograph? A pop of color on your cheeks. "I love the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blushes because they don't leave the cheek too matte," said Brian Duprey, a New York–based editorial makeup artist. "But they give a nice luminescence that shows up in pictures."
SHOP NOW: Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush, $25
Metallic Moment5 of 11
Always secretly wished you were in "it" girl? NARS wants to make you into one using their new Andy Warhol collection. It includes the Soft Touch Shadow Pencils, which are foolproof to apply, and add a splash of '70s glam to any eyelid. Duprey recommends the Silver Factory, named after the artist's famous space on East 47th Street in New York. "Blend it over the eye shadow you already have on to add pop before a party," he says.
SHOP NOW: NARS Andy Warhol Soft Touch Shadow Pencil, $24
Bold Brows6 of 11
Well-groomed eyebrows will help you to get ready for your close-up. "Fill them in—they frame your entire face," recommends Stefani Syat, the founder of Pre-Dame Make-Up Parties. But don't be too heavy handed. "Sparse brows show up more in photos."
SHOP NOW: MAC Cosmetics Eyebrows in Lingering, $15
Bye, Flyaways7 of 11
Volume makes your hair look pretty in person, but what makes it look great in pictures? A smooth, sleek and shiny finish. “You need to tame flyaways, because the camera will amplify them," says Danielle Caputo, a celebrity stylist who works with the likes of Queen Latifah and Kimora Lee Simmons.
SHOP NOW: Nioxin Silk Elixir, $15
Pearly White8 of 11
"The holidays are full of foods, snacks and drinks that can leave your teeth dull and stained. For quick whitening on the go, use a whitening pen," like this Everyday Glo Whitening Maintenance one, says Arthur Glosman, D.D.S., a Beverly Hills celeb dentist. Then, "schedule an appointment with your dentist for a professional Zoom whitening treatment, and all of your holiday photos will show off a dazzling smile," says Dr. Glosman.
SHOP NOW: Everyday GLO Teeth Whitening Maintenance, $25
Eye Opener9 of 11
Spending time with your family over the holidays can make you look more exhausted than if you had just pulled an all-nighter. "For eyes that appear tired and red in photos, apply a nude-tone brightening agent in your water line to mask the redness and open up your eyes," suggests Syat.
Pretty Pout10 of 11
Not only is it fun to wear bolder lipstick to a party, it also adds life to your face, which gets morphed by photo filters on smart phones. "Instagram, for instance, completely washes you out," says Syat. "Try to pick a lipstick or gloss with a little more pigment so that your lips don't look like they've disappeared."
SHOP NOW: Nuance Salma Hayek Color Vibrance Lipstick in Paprika, $10
Blemish Banisher11 of 11
Pimples always arrive at the worst moments. It's almost like our skin gets nervous for the big day and acts out. Which is why it’s great to have the Mark Save the Day Anti-Acne Concealer Stick on hand at all times. Application is foolproof, and, it can be used as a foundation in a pinch.
SHOP NOW: Save the Day Anti-Acne Concealer Stick, $9
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- The best news we've heard all week
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer