The Beauty Of 90210
- Next1 of 28Glo
- Previous Next2 of 28Fox/Photofest
- Previous Next3 of 28Fox/Photofest
- Previous Next4 of 28Fox/Photofest
- Previous Next5 of 28Fox/Photofest
- Previous Next6 of 28Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 28Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 28Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 28Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 28Fox/Photofest
- Previous Next11 of 28Fox/Photofest
- Previous Next12 of 28Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next13 of 28Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 28Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next15 of 28SGranitz/WireImage
- Previous Next16 of 28David Livingston/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 28Photofest
- Previous Next18 of 28David Livingston/Getty Images
- Previous Next19 of 28Kevin Winter/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next20 of 28Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd
- Previous Next21 of 28Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next22 of 28Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next23 of 28Kevin Winter/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next24 of 28Michael Tullberg/Getty Images
- Previous Next25 of 28Jim Smeal/WireImage
- Previous Next26 of 28Jim Spellman/WireImage
- Previous Next27 of 28Marion Curtis/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next28 of 28ABC/Getty Images
- The Beauty Of 90210Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The ultimate guide to perfect foundation
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- A beauty cheat sheet for allergy season
- Get Party-Ready Makeup in 5 Minutes or Less
- The shockingly cool history of hair removal
- Stars' unexpected '80s hairstyles
- Spring's sexiest new nail polish trends
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
- The freshest new manis to try right now
- Mother-daughter beauty treats
- Look fresh, sexy & fun at your next pool party
- Read this before trying the neon makeup trend
- 8 wacky must-see beauty gadgets
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Runway beauty from Mumbai, Moscow & more
- Get a perfect, plump pout—not "fish lips"
- How to master the ultimate at-home blowout
BEAUTY_90210_beauty_v011 of 28beauty 90210
Fish Out Of Water2 of 28
By Abby Gardner
As we all remember fondly, Beverly Hills 90210 began with the Walsh family moving from snowy Minnesota to sunny southern California. I always loved that Brenda (Shannen Doherty) still embraced her dark hair and pale skin. Well, except for that one disaster in the first season where she tried to go light upon mistakenly hearing that Dylan McKay only liked blondes.
Bang It Out3 of 28
Bren's signature beauty look was her thick fringe. The girl loved her bangs and almost always wore her hair down. Soften up some of those long layers and this style would still work today. And check out how pre-curve she was with the whole menswear trend.
Addicted To Love4 of 28
This is the one moment that I remember Brenda without bangs. She looks gorgeous ... and it also just happens to be one of my favorite episodes. The girls perform "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do", with style choices obviously inspired by the Robert Palmer girls. Brenda and Dylan get back together by the end of the ep, so I guess he liked the change, too.
The Good Girl5 of 28
Perhaps no one went through more hair, makeup and clothing evolutions than Miss Donna Martin (Tori Spelling). The series began with Donna as the ditzy, naive, sweet (and, yes, virginal) Beverly Hills teen. Her simple hairdos early on definitely reflected her personality.
Party Time6 of 28
As the seasons progressed, Donna started experimenting with her style ... though not with her boyfriends. This hairstyle is quite reminiscent of the infamous prom episode where the good girl gets drunk and almost doesn't get her diploma. Though we wouldn't bring this one back now, we're forever grateful that the moment brought us the mantra: "Donna Martin Graduates."
Three's A Trend7 of 28
Though there were always rumors of tension on the set, it seems that Tori, Shannen and Jennie Garth were in agreement about the popular opaque neutral lip that I fully attest to copying in high school.
ON WONDERWALL: Twitterview with Tori Spelling
No Regrets?8 of 28
A trend that I hope to never see come back: tendrils like Tori's here. If you attended any homecoming dance or prom in the early '90s, I'm pretty certain you'll agree with me ... and that you wore them, too.
Showing Skin9 of 28
It might be possible to fully blame 90210 for the emergence of the tiny tee/bare midriff trend that swept the nation in the mid-'90s. Also, super pale skin with dark lips was all the rage ... this can actually still look great if you pick the right shade.
The Odd Couple10 of 28
Perhaps the hairdressers on the show were trying to hammer home the difference between good girl Donna and her bad boy love interest Ray Pruitt (Jamie Walters) by giving her a '50s flip? Otherwise, the reasoning is rather unclear.
A Darker Side11 of 28
Donna (and Tori, obviously) started to play with her hair color once the college years came around. But she always went back to blonde in between reds and browns. Oh, the damage those chemicals must have done.
Twist & Shout12 of 28
Here's another darker shade that appeared on the show. But what's more interesting is all the twists and tiny pigtails that started popping up on Donna Martin's head. Luckily, that trend didn't hit the big time.
Poor Little Rich Girl13 of 28
Kelly Taylor (Jennie Garth) was a total bitchy rich girl when the show began. But, boy, was she pretty. She was the show's Barbie doll and ultimate California girl. I can't even imagine how many wispy bangs were cut in homage.
Decisions, Decisions14 of 28
Kelly kept her signature long locks through high school, but like so many decided to make a change at some point in college, opting for a shorter bob. It's a much better choice for her, kind of like when she "chose herself" instead of deciding between Brandon and Dylan.
Good Girl Gone Bad15 of 28
Kelly Taylor went through so many dramas on the show: cults, fires, pills, stealing her best friend's boyfriend (Team Brenda forever, over here!). But this chopped look will always remind me of the spiral into cocaine use. Never had a character battling addiction looked so pretty.
Happily Ever After16 of 28
And now we've realized that apparently Jennie Garth doesn't age. I mean, her husband, Peter Facinelli, does play a vampire in the Twilight movies ... but still. This mother of three seriously looks better than ever. The hair color, the soft waves, the perfect skin. Color us jealous.
Geek Chic17 of 28
This is classic Andrea Zuckerman (Gabrielle Carteris). The editor of the West Beverly Blaze always saw herself as an outsider and the hair/makeup department played their role by giving her curly hair and glasses. Of course, she was always totally cute, too.
Fresh-Faced18 of 28
We haven't seen much of Gabrielle since her short-lived post 90210 talk show. But from this shot, she looks pretty happy. And the lighter hair definitely suits her.
A New Leaf19 of 28
When Brenda Walsh left town, the gang needed a saucy brunette to fill the void. Enter pot-smoking, East Coaster, Valerie Malone (Tiffani Thiessen). She stirred up lots of trouble with her bronze skin and extra shiny, choppy layered cut. It was a far cry from her Saved by the Bell days and style.
All Grown Up20 of 28
New mom Tiffani looks gorgeous with her darker hair and side swept bangs. Plus, she's wearing the new smoky eye that we are obsessed with right now.
With This Ring(let)21 of 28
Before her stint on 90210 as Dylan's ill-fated wife Toni Marchette, I knew two things for certain about Rebecca Gayheart (seen here with then boyfriend Brett Ratner): she was "The Noxzema Girl," and I coveted her curls. Seriously, they're perfect, right?
Luck Be A Lady22 of 28
Things turned out pretty well for Rebecca. She's still got perfect curls, is married to McSteamy (Eric Dane) and has a new baby girl. Well played, Noxzema Girl. Well played.
Spiked Out23 of 28
You all remember Emily Valentine (Christine Elise), right? The wild girl who took Brandon Walsh to a rave, spiked his drink with "U4EA" and later burns down the gang's homecoming float. Her short 'do was thing that best set her apart from the "good" girls.
Soft Touch24 of 28
Wild child no more, it seems for Christine when it comes to her style. Heck, she's even wearing flowers in her hair.
ON WONDERWALL: Top 10 '90s Reunions We Want To See
Back In The Day25 of 28
When the cast met the actress playing Steve Sanders' new girlfriend, single mom Carly Reynolds (Hilary Swank), they probably never thought they were working with a future Academy Award winner. Carly was a waitress, so her hair and makeup were never fussy or very Beverly Hills, much like the actress herself at the time (pictured with then husband Chad Lowe).
Sitting Pretty26 of 28
Two Oscars, and many big paychecks later, Hilary is definitely the most acclaimed former cast member. But really her style hasn't changed that much and we love that about her.
Here Comes Trouble27 of 28
Gina Kincaid (Vanessa Marcil) was the third raven-haired regular to wreak havoc on the male hearts of 90210. Sadly, she was one of the few exotic beauties to infiltrate the close-knit bunch. But Vanessa herself apparently made an impression on original cast member Brian Austin Green (David Silver). The two had a long relationship and even have a son together.
Brenda, Redux28 of 28
Vanessa's good looks have obviously not wavered over the years. And just recently she brought them back to General Hospital, the show that made her famous before 90210, in the role of Brenda Barrett.
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- The best news we've heard all week
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer