The Long & Short Of It
- Next1 of 18Angela Weiss/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 18Duffy-Marie Arnoult/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 18James Devaney/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 18Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next5 of 18ESara De Boer/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next6 of 18Ernesto Revira/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next7 of 18RD/Kirkland/Retna Digital
- Previous Next8 of 18Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next9 of 18RD/Roe/Retna Digital
- Previous Next10 of 18Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next11 of 18Chris Ashford/CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next12 of 18Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next13 of 18Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 18Phil Loftus/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next15 of 18Gary Lewis
- Previous Next16 of 18Louis/Burgis/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next17 of 18RD/Kenney/Retna Digital
- Previous Next18 of 18Phil Loftus/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.
- The Long & Short Of ItJennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The 17 absolute best concealers
- Dancing With the Stars pros' top looks
- Mother-daughter beauty treats
- Look fresh, sexy & fun at your next pool party
- A beauty cheat sheet for allergy season
- 8 wacky must-see beauty gadgets
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Stars' unexpected '80s hairstyles
- The ultimate guide to perfect foundation
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- The freshest new manis to try right now
- Get Party-Ready Makeup in 5 Minutes or Less
- The shockingly cool history of hair removal
- Read this before trying the neon makeup trend
- Spring's sexiest new nail polish trends
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
- Runway beauty from Mumbai, Moscow & more
Celebrity Cuts: Short vs. Long1 of 18
By Abby Gardner
Whoa, Hayden Panettiere! We did a double take when we saw the Heroes star's new cropped style. Click through to see some other stars who've cut it all off and debate whether it looks better or not.
Hayden Panettiere: Long2 of 18
Well, the new cut certainly makes Hayden look more grown-up than this long, flowy style does. We like that she's taking chances, especially at her age. After all, there are always extensions.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL: More Pics of Hayden
NEXT: Renee Zellweger
Renee Zellweger: Long3 of 18
Renee's always had an easy-going approach to her hair, leaving it long and loose. But just wait until you see what it looks like now, after she made some major moves at the salon.
NEXT: Renee's Short 'Do
Renee Zellweger: Short4 of 18
The Oscar winner stepped out a few months ago with a modern (and feminized) variation on the bowl cut. Believe it or not, this is actually a trend in the high fashion world. Wonder what Bradley Cooper thinks about the lack of locks to run his handsome hands through?
NEXT: Halle Berry
Halle Berry: Long5 of 18
We're fairly certain that there isn't a style in existence that Halle wouldn't look gorgeous sporting, and we actually had forgotten how great that length looked. Lucky girl.
NEXT: Halle's Short 'Do
Halle Berry: Short6 of 18
However, we think we might just like this edgy cut better. She looks ridiculously cool, and her morning routine has got to be pretty minimal. Plus, it highlights that amazing face.
NEXT: Gwyneth Paltrow
Gwyneth Paltrow: Long7 of 18
Gwynnie's golden mane was sleek and impressive at the Iron Man 2 premiere. But we fondly remember a time when she made short hair every wannabe It Girl's preference.
NEXT: Gwyneth's Short 'Do
Gwyneth Paltrow: Short8 of 18
While we might not be able to pull this off, there's no arguing that this style is adorable. We love the bobby pin holding back her bangs. We imagine then-boyfriend, Brad Pitt, found her irresistible.
NEXT: Hilary Swank
Hilary Swank: Long9 of 18
Hilary's gone back and forth with her hair length more than any of her Hollywood counterparts — though it seems to usually be for a role.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL: More Pics of Hilary
NEXT: Hilary's Short 'Do
Hilary Swank: Short10 of 18
This blonde cut highlights Hilary's super-strong jawline. Discuss amongst yourselves if this is a positive or a negative.
NEXT: Abbie Cornish
Abbie Cornish: Long11 of 18
The Aussie actress's work was somewhat overshadowed by the fact that she started dating Ryan Phillippe after his breakup with Reese. Her beautiful hair, however, was not. And then ...
NEXT: Abbie's Short 'Do
Abbie Cornish: Short12 of 18
She and Ryan broke up, and she chopped it all off. We love a good breakup makeover, especially when it looks this chic. Well done, Abs.
NEXT: Natalie Portman
Natalie Portman: Long13 of 18
We can't think of a more perfectly pretty celebrity than Natalie Portman. She'd probably even look good with a shaved head. Oh, wait, she actually did ...
NEXT: Natalie's Short 'Do
Natalie Portman: Short14 of 18
Sure, it was for V for Vendetta, but even a beautiful movie star has to feel scared about a buzz cut. Natalie sure didn't let it show and rocked every red carpet looking, in the words of Tyra Banks, "Fierce!"
NEXT: Ginnifer Goodwin
Ginnifer Goodwin: Long15 of 18
Most of us got to know Ginnifer via her role as the wholesome third wife on Big Love and this long hair certainly fits that fresh-faced image. But, apparently, she wanted to shake things up.
NEXT: Ginnifer's Short 'Do
Ginnifer Goodwin - Short16 of 18
Oh, how we love a great pixie cut like this one. And, with the snip of her hairstylist's scissors, one of the year's big hair trends was born.
NEXT: Julia Roberts
Julia Roberts: Long17 of 18
When we think of Julia Roberts, a few things come to mind: that laugh, that smile and that hair. We fell in love with those locks way back during her Mystic Pizza days — which made it so shocking when she went seriously short.
NEXT: Julia's Short 'Do
Julia Roberts: Short18 of 18
Remember this look from 1990? Of course, the style is dated now, but we can still remember thinking she must be nuts to cut perhaps the most coveted head of hair in America.