Tomorrow's Hottest Beauty Trends
- Next1 of 13StyleSight
- Previous Next2 of 13Stella McCartney: StyleSight
- Previous Next3 of 13Valentino: StyleSight
- Previous Next4 of 13Chanel: StyleSight
- Previous Next5 of 13Emanuel Ungaro: StyleSight
- Previous Next6 of 13Alberta Ferretti: StyleSight
- Previous Next7 of 13Giambattista Valli: StyleSight
- Previous Next8 of 13Isabel Marant: StyleSight
- Previous Next9 of 13Lanvin: StyleSight
- Previous Next10 of 13Alexander McQueen: StyleSight
- Previous Next11 of 13Jill Stuart: StyleSight
- Previous Next12 of 13Bottega Veneta: StyleSight
- Previous Next13 of 13Gucci: StyleSight
- Tomorrow's Hottest Beauty TrendsBeauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- 10 Gorgeous Gifts That Give Back to Charity
- 7 Easy Ways To Fix A Bad Hair Day At Work
- Best Celeb Locks of the Moment
- 10 Things Waxers Won't Tell You
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Copy 6 Hunger Games: Catching Fire Looks
- Beauty Products That Work While You Sleep
- 10 Ways To Look Good In Every Photo
- 7 Shortcuts To Soft, Smooth Skin
- What Dermatologists Don't Want You To Know
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should Know
- 11 Best Holiday Beauty Bargains
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Get Ready Faster
- Keep your glow well into winter with 5 switches
- 8 Celebs Who Look Radiant in The Winter
Wear 'Em Now1 of 13
By Emili Vesilind
You’ll have to wait a few months to nab those glittery Miu Miu sunglasses, but what’s to stop you from test-driving this fall’s beauty looks — fresh off the runways of New York, London, Paris and Milan — tomorrow? We’ve rounded up a handful of the most covetable hair and makeup trends that rocketed down the runways, from peachy-keen lips to eyelashes fit for batting.
Peachy Lip2 of 13
Fall fashion historically inspires a dark pout, but makeup artists for Givenchy, Chloe and Stella McCartney, among others, opted for an austere peachy-nude tone this year. We liked the look best at Givenchy, where makeup guru Pat McGrath layered the hue with a healthy dose of high-gloss.
Headbands3 of 13
The only accessory making a “statement” this fall might be tucked into our manes. At Valentino, models wore thin black bands with ’60s-style updos (a style that’s easy enough to emulate), but the look’s real potential was seen at Nina Ricci, where models marched out in headbands peppered with clear, oversized gems. The effect? Pure haute-romance.
Metallic Eye4 of 13
The only thing more discussed at the Chanel show than Karl Lagerfeld’s grunge-inspired duds was the metallic silver eyes makeup artist Peter Philips created for the show. Delicate but daring, they lent the models a dreamy, otherworldly vibe. It’s a look ripe for plucking, as it works beautifully for day or night.
Ponytails5 of 13
Ponytails are a perennial on the runway, but this season they seemed to crop up everywhere — from Marc Jacobs and Emanuel Ungaro, where ’tails were sleek and high, to Giambattista Valli, where uber-stylist Orlando Pita debuted a half-up, half-down, side-planted version with a straight side part.
Spider Lashes6 of 13
According to Valentino, Chloé, Lanvin and Alberta Ferretti, it’s time to start paying attention to our lower lash line. All four houses showcased “spider” lashes —heavily mascara-ed top and bottom lashes. The look is pure Swingin’ Sixties-retro, and (good news) it doesn’t take a steady hand to achieve. Clumps add to its doe-eyed effect.
Deep Parts7 of 13
While there were plenty of middle parts traipsing down fall’s runways, the deep side part — seen at Stella McCartney and Giambattista Valli, among others — was the hair divide du jour. Try it with an updo for a relaxed, romantic look or with hair down and loose for a glam, sexy vibe.
Undone Hair8 of 13
The fussy, perfectly pinned updos of last fall have given way to loose, slightly mussed hair for the coming season. The degree of au natural-ness is up to you, but trendy French designer Isabel Marant showed hair that looked like it had air-dried without a smidgen of product in it, while Balmain offered loose locks that looked like they’d lived through a night of hard partying.
Winged Eyeliner9 of 13
Whether you go school girl-demure or Amy Winehouse-style dramatic, winged eyeliner will be hot for fall. Lanvin’s girls rocked their subtle, upturned liner with knowing smirks, while Lady Gaga and the gals at Thierry Mugler went theatrical with wings that came from both above and below the eye.
White-Out10 of 13
One of the biggest makeup trends on fall’s runways was about the absence of color. At Alexander McQueen, makeup artist Peter Philips created pearlescent, ghostly white faces -- a look that was echoed in less severe ways at Balenciaga, Rochas and Comme des Garçons. To make the look work for real life, use a shimmering foundation, swipe on a nude lip and swish on the palest-of-pale peach cheek hue.
Strong Brows11 of 13
Even when faces were otherwise bare, brows stayed strong at the fall shows, with makeup pros at shows including Alexander Wang and Jill Stuart filling in the above-the-eye assets with powders and liners. The trick to keeping the look natural? Stay within the boundaries of your natural brow shape.
Sixties Manes12 of 13
Mad Men beauty continued to inspire designers for fall, and exaggerated 1960s-style hair was everywhere. Jean Paul Gaultier outfitted his girls in huge gray bouffant wigs, while Bottega Veneta opted for a slightly mussed-up, less out-there version of the same style. At Valentino hair was ratted at the crown and middle-parted, mod-style, while Celine’s models sported mini-beehives.
Lacquered Dark Lip13 of 13
At the opposite end of the lip color spectrum from the ubiquitous peach was the dark, glossy pout, which stole the show at Gucci — with models wearing a dark-wine, 1970s-style patent leather mouth — and at Missoni, where the girls boasted high-shine, brick-red pouts.
- 10 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 resolutions that are doomed to fail
- Ex-Boyfriend Revenge Kit for $1,850
- Find The Perfect Holiday Beauty Gift For Mom
- 10 Crazy Christmas Houses
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway