Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- Next1 of 16Dries Van Noten Spring 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 16Christian Dior HC Fall 2013/Imaxtree
- Previous Next3 of 16Donna Karan Spring 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next4 of 16Thakoon Fall 2013/Imaxtree
- Previous Next5 of 16Haider Ackermann Spring 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next6 of 16Dries Van Noten Fall 2013/Imaxtree
- Previous Next7 of 16Dries Van Noten Spring 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next8 of 16Antonio de Moraes Barros Filho/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 16Katie Gallagher Spring 2013/Imaxtree
- Previous Next10 of 16Victor VIRGILE/Gamma-Rapho/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 16Kristy Sparow/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 16Dries Van Noten Spring 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next13 of 16Ralph Lauren Spring 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next14 of 16Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next15 of 16Nicole Miller Spring 2014/Imaxtree
- Previous Next16 of 16Alice + Olivia Spring 2013/Imaxtree
Time to Shine1 of 16
By Natasha Burton
As if the holidays weren't already the perfect time to add a little sparkle into your beauty routine, top designers have given their official go ahead. (Just think of the sequined lids at Chanel or the metallic arches at Dior.) Here, 15 runway-inspired hair and makeup ideas that have plenty of razzle-dazzle.
Lip Service2 of 16
Glitter even made its way onto the glossy, coppery lips at Dior's show. To avoid getting shimmer on your champagne glass, try these lip adhesives.
GET THE LOOK: Violent Lips glitter lip adhesives in Cinnamon, $7, violentlips.com
High Gloss3 of 16
Thanks to highlighter and bronzer, models at Donna Karan sported enviable luminous skin.
GET THE LOOK: Vapour Organic Beauty translucent bronzer, $34, beauty.com
Dust Up4 of 16
Get inspired by the gold glittery lids at Thakoon, where models sported high-impact shimmer dusted over their eye shadow.
GET THE LOOK: Too Faced glitter pigment, $17, ulta.com
Heavy Metal5 of 16
Haider Ackermann's dramatic cat-eyes accented with a touch of glitter are practically begging for a night on the town. Save time getting ready with these eyelid appliqués.
GET THE LOOK: Violent Eyes appliqué, $7, violentlips.com
Cuff 'Em6 of 16
Exquisite crystal pieces, made to look like elaborate ear cuffs, were glued right onto models' ears at Dries van Noten.
GET THE LOOK: ASOS ear cuff, $62, asos.com
Lash Out7 of 16
Makeup artist Peter Phillips glued tiny pieces of metallic thread onto the lashes of models at Dries van Noten. The result? A pretty tinsel effect, which you can get at home using metallic mascara.
GET THE LOOK: Sephora Collection mascara in VIP Gold, $14, sephora.com
Brow Wow8 of 16
The metallic arches at Dior may look extreme, but they're a fun and daring way to amp up your eyes. Prep your brows with clear mascara, then dip a disposable mascara brush in loose shimmer powder and comb it through your brows.
GET THE LOOK: Sephora Clear Defining Mascara, $12, sephora.com
Dazzling Digits9 of 16
The metallic nails at Katie Gallagher's show came with an intricate design, but if you don't have time for a mani, try nail stickers for the same dazzling effect in minutes.
GET THE LOOK: Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Misbehaved, $9, drugstore.com
Gilt Trip10 of 16
For holiday hair inspiration, look at the elegant low buns secured with oversize gold hair clips at Saint Laurent.
GET THE LOOK: Sylvain Le Hen barrette, $65, lagarconne.com
Twinkle, Twinkle11 of 16
At Chanel, sequins were glued to models' lids and the tips of their lashes, creating a truly dazzling eye look. Re-create it by lining your lids with gentle eyelash glue and carefully dotting on your gems, or try sequined false lashes.
GET THE LOOK: Sequin & rhinestone false lashes, $10, etsy.com
Golden Touch12 of 16
At Dries van Noten, hairstylist Sam McKnight lined models' side parts with a mixture of wax and gold leaf. Give your mane some unexpected glitz using gold hair chalk, which is easier to wash out.
GET THE LOOK: Edge Chalkers metallic glitter temporary hair color, $18 for 6 colors, amazon.com
White Hot13 of 16
At Ralph Lauren, models sported a touch of white shimmer in the inner corners of their eyes. Wintery and subtly sexy? We'll take it.
GET THE LOOK: Make Up For Ever powder in Opal Shimmer, $35, sephora.com
Color Me Rad14 of 16
Pops of color turned up at Marc Jacobs, where models with mostly bare faces wore glittery blue eye shadow.
GET THE LOOK: Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra eye shadow, $59, nordstrom.com
Spirit Fingers15 of 16
The ombre manicures at Nicole Miller offer an understated way of introducing a little sparkle to your look. Just paint a glittery polish on your nails, making sure it's layered heavier at the top than toward your cuticle.
GET THE LOOK: Formula X for Sephora Celestials Polish, $13, sephora.com
Lucky Penny16 of 16
Instead of silver and gold eye shadow, try a rich, metallic copper, as seen at Wes Gordon.
GET THE LOOK: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush Silk eye shadow, $10, ulta.com
NEXT ON GLO: 10 Best Beauty Breakthroughs Of 2013
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds