Who's a CoverGirl?
- Next1 of 17Courtesy of CoverGirl
- Previous Next2 of 17John Shearer/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 17Jeff Vespa/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 17Jordan Strauss/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 17Jeff Vespa/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 17Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 17Jordan Strauss/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 17John Shearer/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 17John Shearer/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 17John Shearer/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 17Jeff Vespa/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 17Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 17Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 17Jordan Strauss/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 17Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 17Jordan Strauss/WireImage
- Previous Next17 of 17Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images
- Who's a CoverGirl?Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Dancing With the Stars pros' top looks
- The ultimate guide to perfect foundation
- Look fresh, sexy & fun at your next pool party
- A beauty cheat sheet for allergy season
- Get Party-Ready Makeup in 5 Minutes or Less
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Stars' unexpected '80s hairstyles
- Spring's sexiest new nail polish trends
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- The freshest new manis to try right now
- Mother-daughter beauty treats
- The shockingly cool history of hair removal
- Read this before trying the neon makeup trend
- 8 wacky must-see beauty gadgets
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
- Runway beauty from Mumbai, Moscow & more
- Get a perfect, plump pout—not "fish lips"
Party Time1 of 17
By Abby Gardner
CoverGirl is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, if you can believe it. To kick things off they threw a fancy party in Los Angeles with all of the brand's current CoverGirls: Taylor Swift, Ellen DeGeneres, Drew Barrymore, Dania Ramirez and Queen Latifah. Lucky me, I scored an invite too.
Lipstick Nation2 of 17
The entryway to Los Angeles restaurant Boa was decorated in all sorts of fun and sparkly CoverGirl paraphernalia. Along with a few other lucky editors, I got primped and pampered by my own hair stylist and makeup artist before heading inside. In fact, that lipstick almost matched the one I was wearing.
Makeup Royalty3 of 17
Even though she came straight from hosting duties at the People's Choice Awards, Queen Latifah was one of the first to arrive. I was most impressed by her dope shades and shiny sneaks ... and the way she commanded the room from the minute she walked in.
Country Strong4 of 17
Confession: It made me pretty excited that Taylor Swift and I were wearing the same lipstick shade that night, CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Flame. Taylor's makeup artist Lorrie Turk tells us, "We decided to go for a fresh, pretty beauty look for Taylor. She opted for a slight departure from her signature bright-red lip for more of an orangy-red."
Pretty Pair5 of 17
Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia both looked amazing. I absolutely want to wear Portia's party ponytail for my next big event. Perhaps paired with Ellen's smoky eye, which makeup artist Heather Currie picked because "I wanted Ellen to have a classic, clean and beautiful look. At the same time, because she has such vibrant eyes, I wanted to do something sexy and smoky to add a little glamour." Try CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast in Silver Sky.
Sexy Siren6 of 17
"Dania’s makeup inspiration was a twist on a classic beauty look," says makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen. "She called me earlier that day to tell me she was in love with her dress and thought she wanted a red lip, which I totally agreed with once I saw her outfit." I also especially loved Dania's skin, which was literally glowing. Try CoverGirl NatureLuxe Foundation in Nutmeg.
Tangerine Dream7 of 17
"It all started obviously with her [Jil Sander] dress," says Drew's makeup artist, Debra Ferullo. "It was a gorgeous orange color that reminded us of the French Riviera, so I wanted to create a fresh, dewy look." And what's more important for a look like that than blush? Not much. Drew's wearing CoverGirl Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Lush Berry.
Patio Paradise8 of 17
The outdoor space was filled with banquets for partygoers. And yes, that is foundation hanging from the tree. More than a few guests were spotted grabbing a few for the road. There was also a photo booth where guests could take shots and get printouts of their very own CoverGirl ads.
Play My Song9 of 17
DJ Samantha Ronson kept the crowd pumped and dancing with everything from '70s classics to Jay-Z. Unfortunately, I couldn't hear what Portia and Ellen were requesting.
Candyland10 of 17
One room had a Godiva bar, where you could order any sort of chocolate you fancied. Had I not been on a juice fast, who knows how many I would have downed.
In Her Eyes11 of 17
Luckily, Queen eventually took off her shades so we could see her killer eye shadow. Her makeup artist D'Andre Michael tells us that he used Queen Collection 1-Kit Eyeshadow in Black Tie — how appropriate! — over Smoky ShadowBlast in Onyx Smoke to create the look.
Model Guest12 of 17
Lots of former models and other pretty Hollywood types joined in the festivities. Here, former model Beverly Johnson walks the gold carpet.
Blonde Ambition13 of 17
Former CoverGirl Niki Taylor was basically what my teenage self wished I looked like. And boy, has she aged well. She arrived with model pal Rachel Hunter.
A Darker Shade14 of 17
Lauren Conrad debuted her new brown locks at the party. She was also sporting a gorgeous winged eye as part of her makeup look.
Splash of Color15 of 17
I love that Whitney Port chose bright-red nail polish to complement her pale blue dress. It's the perfect kind of contrast.
Lash Out16 of 17
Actress Brittany Snow was sitting at a table across from me, and I swear you could spot her ridiculously long lashes from there. If those aren't extensions, color me hugely jealous.
Breezy & Still Beautiful17 of 17
Cheryl Tiegs graced many a CoverGirl ad years ago. I'm thinking maybe it's time they re-sign her!
All year long, CoverGirl is celebrating that every woman is indeed a CoverGirl and they're offering tons of cool prizes and experiences. Check out What Makes You a CoverGirl on Facebook to find out more.