10 Home Products That Will Change Your Life
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Fancy
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Blue Lounge
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Quirky
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Food Huggers
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of The Smart Baker
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Quirky
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Pin Hooks
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Nest
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Fancy
- 10 Home Products That Will Change Your LifeRooms With Awe-Inspiring Views
- Stylish Ideas For An Eco-Friendly Party
- 12 Things You Never Knew About Earth Day
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- The Best 'Mad Men' Inspired Living Rooms
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- 15 Camping Essentials for Coachella & Beyond
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- Gotta Have It
- 7 Inspiring Ways To Use Wallpaper At Home
- Decorate A Rental Without Losing Your Deposit
- Designers Reveal Their Guilty Decor Pleasures
- Creative Hobbies & Crafts to Inspire You
- 8 Gorgeous City Gardens to Inspire You
- Stylish Outdoor Decor For Every Budget
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Gotta Have It: Daily Animal Finds
- Spring Cleaning Myths—Busted!
That's Genius!1 of 11
By Naomi Chrisoulakis
Every now and again a product comes along that makes you wonder how you ever lived without it. We don't mean hi-tech gadgets like your smartphone, but simple things, like the Ziploc bag and no-slip hangers. With that in mind, we've rounded up ten simple yet innovative new products that will make your life easier, happier and healthier.
Ever Green2 of 11
If you gave us a dollar for every bunch of cilantro that turned into a science experiment in the back of our fridge, we could buy an herb farm. A better investment: the Herbsicle, a nifty device that turns your freezer into a spice rack. Pack it with fresh herbs, twist the handle to compress and pop it in the freezer. In addition to keeping things fresh, it creates an herb popsicle that's easy to slice and measure or grate directly onto your favorite dishes.
SHOP NOW: Chef'n Herbsicle, $10, williams-sonoma.com
Crossed Wires3 of 11
No matter how neat a room is, a tangle of wires on a desk or the floor will always make it look unkempt. That's why we're snapping up these clever cable tamers that you can stick along skirting boards, on the backs of desks and on top of tables to keep cables in their place.
SHOP NOW: BlueLounge CableDrops, $10, bluelounge.com
Well Adapted4 of 11
Sure, it blends to fit any size plug or adaptor without blocking other outlets and, yes, it's also a surge protector but the really genius part? You can turn it on and off from your phone, nixing the need to turn the car around to check if you've left your hair straightener on.
SHOP NOW: Quirky Pivot Power Genius, $60, quirky.com
Hug It Out5 of 11
Finally, a solution to all those halves of onions, tomatoes and lemons rolling around in the fridge: Dishwasher-safe, BPA-free silicon caps that "hug" cut fruit and vegetables so they stay as fresh as the day you sliced them.
SHOP NOW: Set of Four FoodHuggers, $19, foodhuggers.com
Nailed It6 of 11
Tired of sore thumbs when you're trying to put up those pictures? This smart tool uses magnets to hold the nail in place while you hammer it in. Your manicurist will thank you.
SHOP NOW: Thumbsaver Magnetic Nail Setter, $13, amazon.com
Portion Control7 of 11
Whether you're watching your weight, or you just never know how much cooked rice to boil for five people, this smart storage container measures out individual portions as you pour, so you don't have to guess.
SHOP NOW: Silo Three Pack, $20, thesmartbaker.com
Juiced Up8 of 11
If you're tired of lime juice squirting in your eye, lemon seeds in your salad and general citrus messiness, stick a Stem in it—that is, a nifty nozzle that plugs into the fruit and evenly sprays out juice.
SHOP NOW: Stem Citrus Fruit Juice Sprayer, $5, quirky.com
Off The Hook9 of 11
With these hooked push-pins (and maybe a little twine), you can hang anything—mason jars, fairy lights, pictures, jewelry, dog leashes, plant vines—anywhere, without tools or ugly tape.
SHOP NOW: Pin Hooks, 20 pack, $6, pinhooks.com
Smoke Signals10 of 11
Stop the mad dash to fan the smoke alarm when you burn the toast with this carbon monoxide and smoke detector that gives you a verbal "Heads Up!" that you can dismiss just by waving your hand. It'll tell you what room it senses danger in, and even sends you a reminder to your phone when its battery runs low.
SHOP NOW: Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm, $129, nest.com
Forget Me Not11 of 11
If your purse is a black hole for grocery lists and notes—or worse, you forget to take them with you—you're going to love this notepad: It sticks securely to the back of your iPhone so it's always on hand. Yes, there are apps for that, but sometimes jotting down a quick note is easier the old-fashioned way.
SHOP NOW: Stickable iPhone Paperback Notes, $8, fancy.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook